PDA

View Full Version : Our Setup

Southern Lawns
08-12-2002, 06:36 PM
Finally drug out the camera. Here is our set up.

Southern Lawns
08-12-2002, 06:37 PM

Southern Lawns
08-12-2002, 06:43 PM

Southern Lawns
08-12-2002, 06:50 PM

Southern Lawns
08-12-2002, 06:56 PM

Lawn-Scapes
08-12-2002, 07:31 PM
You seen one.. you've seen 'em all :D

Just kidding... Very nice & Well organized set-up!!!

rvsuper
08-12-2002, 07:46 PM
Beautiful:D do you have a WB on there too?

Southern Lawns
08-12-2002, 08:16 PM
Thanks, Snapper 48" WB. & Honda 21". Snapper gets light duty. Exmark gets the nod every chance I get:D

Richard Martin
08-12-2002, 08:20 PM
Nice looking setup. I have a question though. Are you lefthanded?

Turf Technologies
08-12-2002, 08:42 PM
Mind if i ask where you got your trailer and what it cost? its size as well and if those racks up front came witht he trailer?

thks

odin
08-12-2002, 08:44 PM
Nice set up and let me compliment your choice of trucks:D

joehar
08-12-2002, 08:50 PM
nice rig,how are your blowers mounted?? loks like a good setup.

Southern Lawns
08-12-2002, 09:11 PM
Richard, Why do you ask? I'm righty.
Blowers are mounted on plywood with shelving L support, everything has locks.
Trailer is a Carson, they custom build for nationwide sales and are located in Shallote, NC Welded racks, cage,spare around $1750.
Tool cage came with it (per request). The trimmer trap did not but they put them on (welded) for the same price.
Again, they will custom build. Some people like the cage to sit lower but I needed the floor space for the mowers so this works well for me.

edward hedrick
08-12-2002, 10:41 PM
Nice truck your Chevy WT1500. Similiar to mine, mine is dark

blue, V-6 5 sp. with trim rings.

stslawncare
08-13-2002, 12:21 AM
very nice setup, what you got in the cage? i couldnt really tell? whats the size of your shop? looks a little small for the trailer? does it fit?

Mykster
08-13-2002, 03:18 AM
Looks like you run out of a storage unit. How many units you got? What kind of price you getting for those? Very nice.

Richard Martin
08-13-2002, 03:52 AM
Southern Lawns wrote:

Richard, Why do you ask? I'm righty.

Because your trimmer racks are mounted the opposite way from most of the other setups I've ever seen. Usually the sliding rack is towards the front of the trailer.

HarryD
08-13-2002, 01:26 PM
i think its because he's got the rack so close to his trailer basket the motors of the trimmers would hit the basket thus he's got the trimmers backwards

Southern Lawns
08-13-2002, 07:00 PM
Gated storage. Ours is 10X40' will actually fit the truck and trailer hitched. One of the guys takes the truck home so all we put in there is the trailer. Plenty of space for us this year and maybe next but will look for bigger after that. Cost $195.00 month. Well worth it, if nothing more than not seeing my house look like a used car (truck) lot. Out of the 20 or so units available maybe 15 use it for running a business.
Richard, never gave the racks much thought. I guess as stated, the cage made it the only way they would fit if I remember correctly. They are on the RIGHT side though, that's the side Carlos gets out of the truck:D . He's a weedo machine. He is one of those employees that you make happy at ALL cost. He's the one that takes the truck home. Once a week he cleans it, shines everything including the bumpers, I never told him to do it. He has such a strong work ethic it amazes me.
Oh! Got hand tools,shovels,tucking tools,rakes,loppers, tarps all go in the cage.

siclmn
08-13-2002, 07:09 PM
So everything you own is so nice and new and clean but is anything paid for? Or do you just make payments up the ying yang just to stay in buisness? Just wondering.

wattsup
08-13-2002, 08:09 PM
Nice set-up! Your lettering on your trucks, etc looks very professional.

Dang Remo, who whizzed in your Cheerios? These people have a very nice set-up. We should not question someones finances unless we want to start paying their bills. When I was 10, out to eat with my parents the bill came. I picked it up to see how much. My dad made me pay the bill. I learned very quickly when not to stick my nose in. Just a thought, not trying to argue.

Southern Lawns
08-13-2002, 10:36 PM
Wow Remo! Kind of a bold question. Almost too bold to answer, but what the hey! Actually everything is paid for, cept the new truck. Woulda been silly to take my cash and pay for that when you can ride 0% for 48 months. The money makes more for us in funds.
As far as new and clean, you got it half right! Most everything is going on 3 years old, we clean all equipment on Friday evening after work and lube and maintain everything Monday mornings before we head out. I believe in that if you keep your things tidy that is most likely the way you do business. If you look like a sack of $&*t than you probably perform like one.
Just my .02 but thanks for asking:rolleyes:

SLS
08-13-2002, 10:49 PM
Oh heck, Southern Lawns...you are not fooling us. We know everything got cleaned up and polished for the big 'photo session'. ;) j/k

Really, that's a very nice looking set-up you have there. Looks so good I'd even let you park it in front of my house! :D

HarryD
08-13-2002, 11:55 PM
how much are ya paying a month for the storage garage i could use a larger one myself

Southern Lawns
08-14-2002, 12:25 AM
$195. mo. 1 mile from the house. Has bathrooms, showers, wash rack, electricity. We worked out of our garage for a while but as we grew we hired help etc. and them coming to the house didn't fly, our cars (wifes car) had to stay outside.(My truck always stays out side) she does let my motorcycles stay inside though. She's not that mean.;) ..... I started looking for a garage and this suits our needs just great.
Raymond

wattsup
08-14-2002, 12:34 AM
Is your space in a storage building? I looks nice, and I would love to get my stuff away from my house. I hate looking at my trailers in my driveway when I am trying to relax on my deck.

rkbrown
08-14-2002, 09:44 AM
Raymond:

Very impressive setup, trailer, storage, the whole thing. Looks to me like you have built a business to be proud of. Gives a ham-n-egger like me something to shoot for !! Thanks for the thread.

Southern Lawns
08-14-2002, 07:49 PM
Thank you for the kind words. I truely love most aspects of this business, very challenging. Everyday is an adventure in some way. Some not so good but those are the ones that make the good ones really good. Much success to all.
Raymond:)

hagen
08-30-2002, 12:50 AM
Call Mike or Bubba at A A Trailer ask for a dealer near you...
903-572-7262
They make the best trailer known to man...
Tell them Hagen or Bob sent you...