PDA

View Full Version : What grass is best for striping?

CaptainPike
09-27-2010, 06:41 AM
I replanted my front yard with fescue. It's finally starting to thicken up a little and for the first time, I have stripes in my yard. There are still some bare spots so it's not pretty, but it does stripe.

So what is the best grass for striping? Does some grass not hold a stripe at all? One yard I cut is all bermuda and it does not stripe.

MOHUSTLER
09-27-2010, 08:55 AM
IMO you cant beat fescue for a stripe. Its broad leaf and had a good light and dark side to the blade.

Runner
09-27-2010, 09:33 AM
the only fescue that hs broad leaf is Tall fescue, the K-31 type, which essentially doesn't hardly strip. This is seconded only by Turf Type tall fescues, which are a medium blade. All others, like creeping red and chewings, have very fine blades, which are only about as wide as they are thick. Now,...if you want to see what is probably thee number one striping grass,...look at Kentucky Blue. There is nothing like it, with it's texture, softness, and high color contrast.

ef200098
10-20-2010, 11:30 AM
i agree runner, kentucky blue takes best to striping. the grass is just so soft that it stripes well. That being said, my yard is completely jaguar fescue.