PDA

View Full Version : pro's or con's on 21" snapper w/ 6.5 Robin engine?

dogdad4
08-12-2002, 08:48 PM
Any information on this unit i would appreciate including the good or bad points about it. If you have one would you buy it again? thanks

LAWNGODFATHER
08-12-2002, 09:24 PM
Is this the 26" with the castering front tires?

If it is it is one hell of a machine.

I looked at them last year, and decided it was best to repower my Snapper 21" self propelled. We hardly use it, but I wanted one my dad could use also, he an't use the WB's, and I am not leaving a ZTR there.

Only con is it is heavy for one guy to pick up.

dogdad4
08-12-2002, 10:02 PM
no this is the 21" snapper with the 6 hp robin engine.

Kent_M
08-13-2002, 01:45 AM
I am running the same mower.

So far it has been great. The hi-vac bagging system is incredible, but the mulching leaves a little to be desired. It leaves a little trail to the side of the deck when you are in thick grass. I think Toro has it beat in the mulching department.

The engine is powerful, and will run forever if you maintain it. The deck has held up great. So far the only quality issue has been a weld that broke on the gas tank strap. Snapper was quick to warrenty the work.

For the $750 I payed for it, it cant be beat. If I were to do it again, I would not. Not that there is a problem with the mower, but I am tired of 4cycles. I would move to the Snapper with the 2cycle or the Toro. Oil changes and having to carry regular gas around are kind of a pain.

ilovethisgame
08-13-2002, 02:22 AM
I found mine to be a pain to start. I'd go w/ the Kawasaki if you're set on a Snapper.

-Dave