PDA

View Full Version : michigan lawn season and contract!!!!!

Mike S.
09-27-2010, 10:32 AM
Just wondering when everyone plans on doing their last cut of the season. Michigan has got some crazy weather. Especially 2 weeks ago being in the 80s and now in the 50s. I do not use contracts but I don't want to have to be going out to do 1 or 2 lawns a day because of my clients canceling the service.

Also, can anyone give me some input on a contract? I have gotten a big residential lawn that is close to 100 dollars a cutting. I'm afraid they won't have the money to pay. Any words of advice would be great.
Posted via Mobile Device

mowerbrad
09-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Actual "cutting" of the grass should stop by the end of October. But then I've still got clean-ups to do. Keeping up with the leaves becomes the priority in October/November. Every year changes on when I stop working, just depending on the weather...some years we have snow by the beginning of November and other years leaves are dropping up until the first of December.

To make it simple, my season will probably end around mid-November (may vary depending on weather).

As far as contracts go, you will most definately want to consult a lawyer with that, at least if you want to make sure that it will hold up in court should you ever have to take a customer to court over not paying (or whatever it might be for).

mowerdude777
09-27-2010, 05:35 PM
I agree with Brad, cutting should end in late October, all though I keep the mowers in service until mid - late November because they make the cleanups SOOOO easy, as far as a deadbeat customer goes, I have had that issue too, all I had to do though was threaten to take the customer to small claims, and as soon as I said that I had the money, but also try payment plans if you do not want to take legal action