PDA

View Full Version : All Done

thelawnguy
08-12-2002, 10:23 PM
I'm done. Sold my lawn business. Customer list, equipment, trailer, all delivered to the new owners garage in exchange for a cashiers check. His son also left me a substantial deposit on my truck and plow. I'm holding on to those til next month when he comes up with the balance.

Its been real, guys (and gals). Maybe see you around now and then in the off-topic forum.

Lawn-Scapes
08-12-2002, 10:25 PM
Wow Bill,

What happened? What will you do? Did you drop any clues that you were going to do this.. I missed?

It was a pleasure to correspond with ya!

Good luck!!!!!!!

lawnworker
08-12-2002, 10:32 PM
This bussiness can be rough at times.I am going to find a good part time job, and just cut some on the side. Bill what to you have planned for the future?

Turfdude
08-12-2002, 10:39 PM
Congrats Bill,

Glad to hear you're able to "retire". There are many times I'd like to get out myself, but the reality of actually finding a "buyer" who will pay you what the business is actually worth is tough to find.

Hope all goes well w/ your future endeavors. Sometimes being a pee-on ain't so bad afterall. A lot less headaches.

Bob

thelawnguy
08-12-2002, 10:40 PM
The right offer from the right people came along at the right time. I havent yet decided what I'm going to do for a "career" the second half of my life but have found something in the meantime which pays well, isnt very strenuous but is still varied and challenging enough so that I wont go stir-crazy, a 7:30 to 4 workday with no weekends, benefits, etc so I will ride it out til the right thing comes along.

1MajorTom
08-12-2002, 10:49 PM
I guess the only unanswered question is:

Do you still plan to cut your own grass? :D

Take it easy, hope things work out great for ya, and don't be a stranger here. :)

thelawnguy
08-13-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by 1MajorTom
I guess the only unanswered question is:

Do you still plan to cut your own grass? :D

My ex got the house after our divorce, she does her own lawn with one of my 21 inch mowers, the plumber at my apt complex mows the lawn here on the weekends.

So the short answer is: No

kris
08-13-2002, 12:53 AM
Bill,

Congrats on getting out when you wanted ... divorce can be a rough time ...been there done that.
Hang tough.
For the most part it has been a pleasure .. . I think we would get along quite fine in person. If you ever get the urge to travel to Canada drop me a line.

KirbysLawn
08-13-2002, 02:17 AM
Wow. Good luck with the new career, hope it works out well for you.

MOW ED
08-13-2002, 09:12 AM
Good Luck Bill.

awm
08-13-2002, 09:27 AM
if he was an author ,i see a whole book in lawnguys post.looks like this one has a fairly happy ending. good luck bud.

MPhillips
08-13-2002, 10:14 AM
Good luck...my divorce is what got me into this business...a little side money to defray the attorneys and my wife's (a doctor of all things) monthly check from me...and I grew to like this stuff better than air conditioned gigs.

Scraper
08-13-2002, 10:57 AM
Best of luck Bill with your future endeavours. Your sarcasm (at times) will be sorely missed. ;)

SLS
08-13-2002, 11:56 AM
"Yesterday is a memory. Tomorrow is a mystery. Right now is your reality."

How true, how true!

Good luck to you, Bill....and may you find the 'mystery' of tomorrow to be a beautiful, and happy, 'realities' of future todays! :)