PDA

View Full Version : Double Blades

Art Stubbs handy 58
08-12-2002, 10:45 PM
I'm looking at trying to set a double blade set up on one of tractors I have JD Sabre 1948, I stopped at the implement dealer today to see what is available they did'nt have a clue to what I was asking. They immediatly said no!!!"but we'll check and call you back" I said yea right, I'm still waiting for that lady to call me back I gave the bid to 3 months ago lol...... Any help, I would like to see if this can be done and what the cut will look like:

LAWNGODFATHER
08-12-2002, 10:50 PM
2 of the same blades set in a "+" pattern on each spindle.

One is just above the other.

Art Stubbs handy 58
08-12-2002, 11:00 PM
My shaft is not long enough to fit two blades on, I tryed this today, rained out, had to work on equipment... Do you know if i can replace the whole spindle unit with a longer shaft?????

LAWNGODFATHER
08-13-2002, 10:08 AM
Nope no clue.

sbvfd592
08-13-2002, 12:53 PM
try a longer blade bolt just go to the hardware store and get a stanless steel bolt 1/4 or a inch longer?;)

awm
08-13-2002, 02:00 PM
if the longer bolt is not the answer for your particular piece of equipment.
my advice is ,dont alter your mower too much to run doubles. i think it might be easier to just get a mower that will allow u to stack blds.as in most cases jmho.

KLMlawn
08-13-2002, 02:06 PM
I am not familiar with the JD machine you are reffering to, but in most cases, in order to run double blades you have to move an extra sacer to the top of the spindle or if the bolt isn't long enough, just remove it and put it somewhere safe and where you will remember it is when you decide to go back to running singles.