PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal?

honeydopm
09-27-2010, 10:37 PM
I found a 2009 Exmark lazer z 52" with 27hp kohler motor with 400 hours for $4800 with the ultracut deck? Is this a good deal and how are these decks?

Lugnut
09-27-2010, 10:39 PM
Im not an exmark guy so i can't speak for the deck but spec wise (engine, hours) it sounds like a pretty good price if its been taken care of

honeydopm
09-27-2010, 10:48 PM
Theres some scuffs a little more than usual for the age.

bohiaa
09-27-2010, 11:12 PM
This is a GREAT deal.

the ultra cut is the deck we all want. exmark went to the triton deck and everyone "including myself" went bilistic......
so exmark went back to the ultra cut deck.

a 52" with a 27hp kohler is more than enould power. I have one with 23 hp. it a workhorse, there is nothing really to look out for. I have owned a 52" for 5 years now with no issues other than consueables.

it's A GREAT buy.

Best of luck and let us know what you decide

QualityLawnCare4u
09-27-2010, 11:18 PM
For a 09 with 400 hours,52" deck and a 27hp engine that is a good price if the mower has been maintained properly.

deerex
09-28-2010, 04:57 AM
For a 09 with 400 hours,52" deck and a 27hp engine that is a good price if the mower has been maintained properly.

I could not agree more.

honeydopm
09-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Well after talking to the guy today and finding about some more info i found out that he bought the mower off someone else and doesnt know alot about it so i dont think i will be purchasing it. If i knew some of the background and maintenance i would have purchased it after the comments i got from you guys. Would any of you still purchse it or any mower that the seller doesnt know a whole lot about? He said it runs great with no issues but that doesnt mean there wont be any in the near future if it wasnt maintenanced properly. Looking for some input!

punt66
09-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Well after talking to the guy today and finding about some more info i found out that he bought the mower off someone else and doesnt know alot about it so i dont think i will be purchasing it. If i knew some of the background and maintenance i would have purchased it after the comments i got from you guys. Would any of you still purchse it or any mower that the seller doesnt know a whole lot about? He said it runs great with no issues but that doesnt mean there wont be any in the near future if it wasnt maintenanced properly. Looking for some input!

with 400 hours and 1 year old, there is not much maintenace that it needed or could be skipped. Thats 2 -3 oil changes. Sounds like a good machine to me.

MOHUSTLER
09-28-2010, 04:27 PM
If you have the equipment or know someone who does, have them do a lead down test on the motor, then do a pressure test. If everything checks out good then go for it. I dont think you can get hurt at that price.

Also see if he will let you take it out for a our or 2 demo and run it and see if it burns oil or you notice any vibrations. Also test the pumps and get them hot ( with about one hours use) and try and climb a hill. See if any of them are weak.

Grass Shark
09-28-2010, 05:58 PM
This is a GREAT deal.

the ultra cut is the deck we all want. exmark went to the triton deck and everyone "including myself" went bilistic......
so exmark went back to the ultra cut deck.

a 52" with a 27hp kohler is more than enould power. I have one with 23 hp. it a workhorse, there is nothing really to look out for. I have owned a 52" for 5 years now with no issues other than consueables.

it's A GREAT buy.

Best of luck and let us know what you decide

My 60" Lazer Z says "Commercial 60" on the deck, is that an old ultracut?

Grass Shark
09-28-2010, 05:59 PM
with 400 hours and 1 year old, there is not much maintenace that it needed or could be skipped. Thats 2 -3 oil changes. Sounds like a good machine to me.

How often do you change your oil?

punt66
09-28-2010, 06:06 PM
How often do you change your oil?

every 100, filter every 200 as manufacturer recomends.

Grass Shark
10-01-2010, 11:55 AM
every 100, filter every 200 as manufacturer recomends.

What manufacturer recommends that?, my kawi manual says every 50 & filter at 100 and so does my kohler. I change oil and filter every 40-50 and i have a kohler with over 3000hrs and the oil always looks clean MOBIL 1