PDA

View Full Version : spindle price...

rcslawncare
09-27-2010, 10:42 PM
What's a spindle for a super Z 60" going for? Had someone tell me a price and I almost died. Like $48 bucks??

mowerconsultant
09-29-2010, 04:05 PM
I cant answer that question... a couple reasons why... we have used a couple different spindles over the years, up until last fall the only difference between them was the shaft its self.
Last fall we started using a newer version of the old spindle, larger bearings, longer housing, press fit instead of slip fit etc.. etc..
I also dont have parts pricing to post.

You can look up whats on your mower here > http://www.southlandengine.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx

I know they are not $ 48.00

cgaengineer
09-29-2010, 04:43 PM
Can you simply replace the bearings?
Posted via Mobile Device

mowerconsultant
09-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Can you simply replace the bearings?
Posted via Mobile Device

On the spindles we used up until last fall in the Super Z and Hustler Z, yes, since then no, we have not released the bearing part #'s, we want to know when and how they fail, as we havent had any issues with them.

Pj

cgaengineer
09-29-2010, 04:58 PM
On the spindles we used up until last fall in the Super Z and Hustler Z, yes, since then no, we have not released the bearing part #'s, we want to know when and how they fail, as we havent had any issues with them.

Pj

Well as long as the bearing has a number you should be able to match it up...I am sure its not a Hustler specific bearing...a little digging around and I am sure you can find it.

I replaced the bearings on my Toro last season and though the mower was under warranty, I opted to just have the bearings given to me so I could replace them myself. No removal of the spindle was required, in fact it was easier with spindles on the mower.
Posted via Mobile Device

dschell
09-30-2010, 01:56 PM
I had the bearing in one of my Zs idler pulleys fail. I was surprised to learn that the bearing is not replaceable - the whole pulley has to be replaced - at a retail cost of $32.00. Seems like a waste of a good pulley to throw it all out when all it needs is a new bearing.

cgaengineer
09-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Everything nowadays is disposable! Make it cheap and charge a high price for it, not much quality anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device