PDA

View Full Version : New Mower

Cuttin'ItCLoseLawnService
09-28-2010, 03:43 PM
I have been lookin at getting a new mower for next spring and getting rid of my POS cub cadet. I want to upgrade to a 60in. I would like something that doesnt clump up in wet grass and can cut through some pretty tall stuff. I have been looking at SCAG, John Deere, Grasshopper. I just want to get some ideas. I like the MOD feature that the 900 series have that would come in handy. I just need something bigger and that i dont have to double and sometimes triple cut just to make the yard look good and get rid of the clumps. I mow anywhere from your average in town yard that takes like 20min to mowing up to 7 acres or more. Also want something that rides alot smoother then the cub it just beats me up. I was just seeing what you guys had in mind and also some other mowers that i should look into.

Thanks
Jacob

Grass Shark
09-28-2010, 04:03 PM
I have been lookin at getting a new mower for next spring and getting rid of my POS cub cadet. I want to upgrade to a 60in. I would like something that doesnt clump up in wet grass and can cut through some pretty tall stuff. I have been looking at SCAG, John Deere, Grasshopper. I just want to get some ideas. I like the MOD feature that the 900 series have that would come in handy. I just need something bigger and that i dont have to double and sometimes triple cut just to make the yard look good and get rid of the clumps. I mow anywhere from your average in town yard that takes like 20min to mowing up to 7 acres or more. Also want something that rides alot smoother then the cub it just beats me up. I was just seeing what you guys had in mind and also some other mowers that i should look into.

Thanks
Jacob

Hustler Super Z would do good on all of those aspects except if you are cutting really tall grass you will probably have to double cut. But the ride is like a cadillac. Also check out the gravely XDZ260.

rcslawncare
09-29-2010, 12:43 AM
The Deere does it all good with the 900 series and it cuts wet grass better than the others do dry.. Its crazy. Just go demo one after a rain and see for yourself. You can cut wet or dewey grass with no problem, and no scraping!! I like the parking brake system and the height adjustment. Its a machine made with the operator in mind... Dod get the suspension seat kit though!!

LibertyFarmLandscaping
09-29-2010, 05:48 AM
I agree with rcs. Demoed one the last 2 days. It does ride rough though. No doubt you will want the suspension seat.

Cuttin'ItCLoseLawnService
09-29-2010, 08:38 AM
Yea that is what i heard that they ride rough but they cut great. Anything is better then my pos cub cadet recon.

Mike Blevins
09-29-2010, 07:01 PM
You said you wanted something to cut wet grass? Hands down Scag velocity plus deck.

Meg-Mo
09-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Any mower can do the job but with 75 yr. old blades they can be made a lot better.

deerex
09-29-2010, 09:58 PM
You said you wanted something to cut wet grass? Hands down Scag velocity plus deck.

I would love to see the scag velocity deck side by side against the JD 7iron pro in wet conditions, with both mowers having newly sharpened high lift blades and set up correctly. From everything I here on here scag makes a great mower you just do not see them close to my home. Mostly because the nearest dealer is 40 miles. I find it hard to believe that any mower can be better than the 7iron pro in wet conditions. Another great thing about the JD is you never have to scrape the deck. I would love to here from someone has used both decks. If the velocity Plus is better in the wet than so be it. I would just like to here a real world compa:drinkup:rison.

LibertyFarmLandscaping
09-30-2010, 07:31 AM
I would love to see the scag velocity deck side by side against the JD 7iron pro in wet conditions, with both mowers having newly sharpened high lift blades and set up correctly. From everything I here on here scag makes a great mower you just do not see them close to my home. Mostly because the nearest dealer is 40 miles. I find it hard to believe that any mower can be better than the 7iron pro in wet conditions. Another great thing about the JD is you never have to scrape the deck. I would love to here from someone has used both decks. If the velocity Plus is better in the wet than so be it. I would just like to here a real world compa:drinkup:rison.

After owning 3 Scags with the Velocity Plus deck, and demoing a JD 930 this week I would say they both cut well in wet conditions. Also they both do a good job of little accumulation under the deck. I would say the JD has a slight edge over the Scag in cut quality and deck accumulation after 3 days of running it in wet heavy growth.

However, there is not enough difference to make me switch from the BB Outlaw. Especially with the great dealer support I have.