PDA

View Full Version : anyone bought a machine from wise sales?

watsmi57
09-28-2010, 05:27 PM
I was thinking about buying a commercial zero turn from wise sales. Have any of you guys out there bought anything from them? how is the service? Does the mower come ready to go or is there assembly involved?

Alan0354
09-28-2010, 08:16 PM
I asked about Wisesales before, I did get two good feedbacks. But I did not ask about service because I was interested in small hand held only.

williams lcm
09-28-2010, 09:46 PM
I purchased a commerical Hausqvarna from them. I got the best deal. Dealer could not even come close to their price. The machine was delivered to fed ex on a pallet where I picked it up. I had to unwrap machine. I had to put the seat and one rear tire on. Good thing I brought my tool box and jack along. Other than that just some gas. Great company.

Alan0354
09-28-2010, 09:52 PM
It would be more useful to know how they handle problems. You can't really tell if everything is smooth. For handheld, it really don't matter, for big ticket items that you can't just ship it back, that become more important.

doublesharp
09-28-2010, 09:59 PM
I bought a $200 chainsaw. No problems.

watsmi57
09-28-2010, 10:09 PM
i just want to be sure the mower is setup when i get it. i also am concerned about what happens if I have a problem. I have a local dealer for this machine but his price is about $1k higher.

watsmi57
09-28-2010, 10:10 PM
don't want to buy a machine from out of state and then find out my local dealer won't service it either. it's a gravely btw

Alan0354
09-28-2010, 10:21 PM
don't want to buy a machine from out of state and then find out my local dealer won't service it either. it's a gravely btw

I think this is a question you need to call Gravely directly to find out where is their service center in your area and if it is a dealer, are they obligated to repair your mower. I don't think it is practical to ship it back to Wisesales for any repair.

watsmi57
09-28-2010, 10:48 PM
I think this is a question you need to call Gravely directly to find out where is their service center in your area and if it is a dealer, are they obligated to repair your mower. I don't think it is practical to ship it back to Wisesales for any repair.

yeah it definitely wont be getting shipped back lol, and my local gravely dealer is my local service center as well. but if I pi$$ em off i by buying it cheaper elsewhere I am afraid they will tell me to get it serviced somewhere else.

rwaters
09-28-2010, 11:26 PM
In most cases the dealer agreements are that you have to setup and deliver equipment in working order(some include checklists we have to sign) then show you how to operate your equipment before you get your warranty. If this is the case then YES they can refuse your warranty. If it is not the case, you could also piss them off they can take a year to fix your mower, so it is basically a loose loose situation. And yes I am sure to find a lot of people to pipe in here how bad the dealer is to be mean to you but guess what, it could be a reality, you will find many people here that were treated poorly on a warranty from a mower bought online.

watsmi57
09-28-2010, 11:50 PM
What about this:

I buy a mower from my local dealer this fall. I decide during winter to move my business to another city or state, somewhere away from my local dealer from whom I bought the mower originally. Am I not gonna get taken care of by my new 'local' Gravely dealer just because I didn't buy the machine from him?

rwaters
09-29-2010, 12:28 AM
What about this:

I buy a mower from my local dealer this fall. I decide during winter to move my business to another city or state, somewhere away from my local dealer from whom I bought the mower originally. Am I not gonna get taken care of by my new 'local' Gravely dealer just because I didn't buy the machine from him?

I never said that, and I am not your dealer so I can not tell you what they will do. I am just trying to give you advice on what might happen. I am not even a Gravely dealer, so not sure what information is available but I do know on Hustler, I can tell who sold it, who bought it and when based on the serial number of the mower, and that could raise a red flag to Hustler on a warranty(but Hustler seems to have dropped wise sales as I do not seem to see any listed, nor them on the hustler site as a dealer)

Good luck if you buy from wise sales, I am just trying to give you good advice. If you had not used the gravely dealer as a service center you might have gotten by with the I just moved here with this gravely but I doubt you will after being in the system.

Alan0354
09-29-2010, 04:08 AM
Then you better do some research what brand have service center that provide service even if you don't buy from them. I am not familiar with big mowers but do you have to get Gravely if they don't provide you with service unless you buy it from that dealer?

That is something I have issue with dealer and manufacturer. It is like they conspired together to sock it to people.

Something is really wrong with this picture. You buy a car, you can bring it to any dealer and they will fix it for you, usually they never challenge you about whose fault and provide warranty unless it is very very obvious that the customer break something. You buy stuff from Sears, they have service center. Maybe you should check into Craftsman because they have service center unlike dealer that play games with you.

I do not buy that dealer loose money doing warranty, if the manufacturer don't pay you enough for warranty repair, stop carrying their line!!! This is all free market. I think some dealer come on here to brain wash people to buy this crap and then people blindly follow and spoil the dealer, that they are not willing to fix anything unless you bought from them. This is such a lame excuse. This is between the manufacturer and the dealer. The manufacturer can demand the dealer to be responsible for warranty repair if they want to carry their line. If they are not making money, they can raise the price. The whole thing sound like a scheme that manufacturer and dealer conspire to get the customer. AND the sad thing is a lot of LCOs buy into this and keep supporting the dealers.

I can assure you other consummer including auto dealers cannot get away with half of what the lawn dealers can get away. AND then you have people keep telling the newbys to buy from the dealer no matter what.

Someone good in mechanics should start a repair shop fixing big mowers, compete with the dealers. There got to be check and balance like all the other business. If dealer cannot take the heat, too hard to make a living, then get out of the kitchen, just like any other business, don't come here and whine how hard to be a dealer!!!

watsmi57
09-29-2010, 10:02 AM
This is such a lame excuse. This is between the manufacturer and the dealer. The manufacturer can demand the dealer to be responsible for warranty repair if they want to carry their line. If they are not making money, they can raise the price. The whole thing sound like a scheme that manufacturer and dealer conspire to get the customer. AND the sad thing is a lot of LCOs buy into this and keep supporting the dealers.

i agree....i just need to find out if Gravely is gonna stand up for me with my dealer

ucfbrian
09-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Companies like Wisesales are a thorn in the side to every OPE dealer that I know. I am a Husqvarna dealer and the only products that Husqvarna lets you ship out to customers is any of the handhelds that are pre-assembled in the box. Commercial trimmers that you only have to put the guard and handle on are not elgilable for internet sales. Most manfacturers will not honor the warranty for any machine not assembled and preped at a dealer. Doing so opens them up to liability for a machine not being put together correctly or for a customer leaving off a necessary safety device.

Any person that has not been a dealer does not know what goes on with warranty. Most warranty jobs are paid on a flat rate schedule, enough time to cover the job if nothing goes wrong and the machine is clean and ready to work on. Alot of manfacturers do not pay time to diagnose a problem, just to fix it. Part of what a dealer is not paid for on warranty is any shop supplies used, the time for submitting the warranty claim, etc. A dealer spends on average an extra 15 minutes per warranty claim in unpaid time to take care of everything.

Any machine that comes into my shop that was bought from any company like WiesSales, I will verify first with the manfacturer if they will cover the warranty or not before I even touch the machine. After that, I will inform that customer that there are some cost associated with the repair that might not be covered, shop rags, oil disposal, shop cleanup, all cost that I would normally absorb into the cost of doing business if the machine was bought from me or another local dealer. I do not have a problem working on a machine that was bought from any brick and morter dealer, people do move and dealers do go out of business, those are just new customers that you have gained. I do let the customer know how these internet companies are hurting the local dealer and what will you do to get service if they put us out of business. Yes, a guy running a business out of a warehouse that is never going to have to see the machine again is going to have a better price, but what is that savings to you if it is going to cost you extra time and money down the road when you need something in a hurry.

rwaters
09-29-2010, 11:23 AM
i agree....i just need to find out if Gravely is gonna stand up for me with my dealer

Gravely does not own the shop, like it or not they can not do much other then suggest another dealer, who might do the same thing. Wise Sales is voiding YOUR warranty by selling you the equipment in a crate, not your local dealer. ufcbrian and I are just trying to give advice to the best of our ability, neither of us will profit from this sale either way. You are dealing with an industry that is going to have to change to keep up with the internet, profit margins are shrinking due to a few dealers trying to run on higher volume.

Alan0354
09-29-2010, 11:40 AM
I hope more people buy from online store to force the hands of the manufacturers. File a few lawsuits and they might learn to set up service center or pay the dealer better. If everyone keep preaching buy from dealer and call HD homecrapo, then the dealer and manufacturer will never learn.

If manufacturer don't earn enough to support their products, then they can raise the price so they can pay the dealer better. Then people will have a free choice whether to pay more for their products or go find something cheaper. Dealer have a choice not to carry the products if they don't get pay. Why come over here to cry for sympathy. How about some sympathy for the LCOs working so hard and have to compete with the illegals? Everyone have their tearful stories and they don't need to hear yours. You can't make enough for living, get out of the kitchen. This is free market and you have a choice just like LCOs or other business, why be in business and not making money?

When is the last time people have sympathy towards auto dealers? How about Sears, Home Depot etc. They are all trying to make a buck!!! When have you hear other company trying to tell their "sad" stories that people buy and use the stuff and return in 30 days? That consumers are very unreasonable to break the stuffs and return for money back. This is the cost of business.

The sadest part is some people here buy into this crap and actually preach buying from dealers only no matter what. You are spoiling the dealers.

Alan0354
09-29-2010, 12:00 PM
And for dealers. If you feel the manufacturers are taking advantage of you small dealers, why don't you start talking to different dealers, joint together and order the same products in larger quantity to get more buying power. United together to demand manufacturers to change their reemburstment policies. Every business has to play games for survival.

I notice about music store. Guitar Center is a nation wise store and they have to buying power to get good price. I notice a few small music stores in different areas joint together to buy adds for sale items, special deals. Apparently they are working together and they manage to keep their price just as low as Guitar Center. Why don't you start joining hands together and bargain with the manufacturer. I am sure if every dealer drop their products, that will sent chill up the manufacturer's spin!!!!

What I said might be way too simplistic, but the point is every business has their down fall, you just have to be creative and think of a way.

Mowingman
09-29-2010, 12:06 PM
I owned a lanwncare business for nearly 30 years and a mower shop for several more years, before retiring.
All I can say about this post is that you are a total MORON. You do not have a clue about how manufacturers and dealers work toghether to supply and service the customers, wheather homeowner or commercial customer.
I will say it again. You are a MORON with this kind of thinking.
Go buy your Chinese-built junk from a mailorder/internet business. Then lets hear about how much money you are saving while it all sits in your shop, broken down, waiting on the parts you need that will never arrive.

I hope more people buy from online store to force the hands of the manufacturers. File a few lawsuits and they might learn to set up service center or pay the dealer better. If everyone keep preaching buy from dealer and call HD homecrapo, then the dealer and manufacturer will never learn.

If manufacturer don't earn enough to support their products, then they can raise the price so they can pay the dealer better. Then people will have a free choice whether to pay more for their products or go find something cheaper. Dealer have a choice not to carry the products if they don't get pay. Why come over here to cry for sympathy. How about some sympathy for the LCOs working so hard and have to compete with the illegals? Everyone have their tearful stories and they don't need to hear yours. You can't make enough for living, get out of the kitchen. This is free market and you have a choice just like LCOs or other business, why be in business and not making money?

When is the last time people have sympathy towards auto dealers? How about Sears, Home Depot etc. They are all trying to make a buck!!! When have you hear other company trying to tell their "sad" stories that people buy and use the stuff and return in 30 days? That consumers are very unreasonable to break the stuffs and return for money back. This is the cost of business.

The sadest part is some people here buy into this crap and actually preach buying from dealers only no matter what. You are spoiling the dealers.

Alan0354
09-29-2010, 12:29 PM
I owned a lanwncare business for nearly 30 years and a mower shop for several more years, before retiring.
All I can say about this post is that you are a total MORON. You do not have a clue about how manufacturers and dealers work toghether to supply and service the customers, wheather homeowner or commercial customer.
I will say it again. You are a MORON with this kind of thinking.
Go buy your Chinese-built junk from a mailorder/internet business. Then lets hear about how much money you are saving while it all sits in your shop, broken down, waiting on the parts you need that will never arrive.

I am not a dealer, I don't think for the dealers, who ever want to be a dealer have to deal with this. Don't cry over here if you cannot handle your business. Just as well you retired and get out of the business.

Mowingman
09-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Ok, here is my response. If you CAN NOT run a lawncare business and make a good profit while buying quality products from, and supporting a local dealer, you have no business being in this business.
Even with todays economy, you can make a good profit as an LCO if you know how to run your business effeciently.
An effeciently run, legally established, andlegally operated lawncare business, can make a nice profit for it's owner, without cutting corners on equipment purchases.
If you can only make a living, by buying cheap equipment over the internet, then you are not managing your business properly. Supporting your local dealer and buying quality equipment, (even if it costs more up front), will MAKE you money in the long run.

Alan0354
09-29-2010, 12:58 PM
This is the kind of talk that a lot of LCO fall for and get burnt. That is the reason LCOs should think of alternate ways of buying equipments. Everyone has to think for themselves. If there is so many complains about dealers, maybe you should change pratice. I don't know about the big mowers, never have use for it. But you can check manufacturer like John Deere that have their own big lines of products and from my understanding they have their own dealership. Do they service their products no matter you bought it from them or not? Check all these out and buy only the ones that you can bring to many places for service and boycott the ones that don't.

Do you want to deal with dealers that have mentality that you owe them and you have to think for them? Network with other LCOs in your area and exchange info on which dealer is good and which one is bad and don't go there.

For small equipments like hand held, unless you have a good dealer, buy online and do your own fixing!!!

ucfbrian
09-29-2010, 01:51 PM
The best thing that Manfacturers did to combat the internet selling of their products and undercutting the dealers is by voiding the warranty. A manfacturer wants a good dealer network to support and service their product. IF you read the manfacturer warranty statement, it states that only product that is setup and delivered by the dealer to the end user is warrantied. Now that online dealer could take the machine out of the crate, finish setting it up, service it out, crate it back out, and ship it out at a higher rate since it has gas in it now but it would still not be warrantied since the dealer has not gone over the safety features with the user. If you want to buy stuff over the internet to save some money and take a gamble that you will not need warranty, go for it, but how many posts on this site are people preaching the longer and longer manfacturers warranties on their trimmers. What way do you want it, long warranties or cheap prices? You cant have it both ways.

Alan, what about everything else other than the equipment? If the dealer does not make money on the equipment, they do not have money to put parts into stock, keep tons of blades, trimmer line, etc. A dealer has to make money to stay in business and you cannot do that on parts and service alone. Dealers have gotten more agressive on pricing but it is still hard to sell something even close to what the guy on the internet is selling.

watsmi57
09-29-2010, 03:22 PM
ucfbrian rwaters and everyone else I appreciate the input. This is the kind of information I was looking for.

Does anyone really know if buying a Gravely from Wise Sales will void the warranty? Any real Gravely dealers out there?

According to Wise Sales the unit comes fully assembled so I guess they uncrate it and set it up then recrate it.

If buying it from Wise Sales voids the warranty then it's no deal anyway. That warranty means a lot to me.

rwaters
09-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Does anyone really know if buying a Gravely from Wise Sales will void the warranty?

Technically yes, it says you have to be shown how to operate the equipment on the warranty registration. And if you buy out of state and have it shipped to you the dealer could prove you were not trained on the operation of the equipment if they wanted to be a pain in the butt. However I have customers that come in every day from dealers that were not trained on how to operate equipment, so that is rarely brought up, and could open a can of worms if it is.

The real answer is YES but most dealers and manufactures look the other way for the customers sake and cover it anyway.

In fact most of your handheld equipment is the same way, we have just gotten used to not reading the paperwork we sign.

Alan0354
09-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Maybe I should stay out of this thread since I don't know about big equipments. Here very few people have ZTR and big mower, mostly 21", so I might be talking too much.

Sorry!! I am out of here, better stay in my little peewee engine world.

saw man
09-29-2010, 06:18 PM
Here is something to think about.

You rely on your dealer to help you out in a time of need, maybe your machine broke down and you are already backed up. You take your Wisesales mower into your local shop, who you have been dealing with for years except on this purchase, and need it fixed fast. They may not be in as big of hurry as they would have been if you bought it from them. Instead of taking a part off a machine he has in stock they just put it on order. You could be days out instead of getting it that day.

Also, why not keep the money local?

I would go talk to your local dealer again and see if he can work you a little better deal.

ucfbrian
09-29-2010, 06:31 PM
Like RWaters said, it does void the warranty but a lot of dealers will look the other way. There can be no guarantee that the dealer will cover a repair under warranty, especially a questionable warranty repair and than it does give them an easy out or covering it. You are rolling the dice buying it from a company like Wise Sales, 9 out of 10 times your local might cover but that 1 time they dont it could be a $2000 repair bill instead of warranty.

Along with looking at the warranty on the machine, you also have to look at the warranty on the engine and hydro system, some or if not all of the warranty on those parts are covered by their own manfacturer not the mower manfacturer and see how their warranty statements are written.

Truth be told, some of us dealers are also guilty of buying stuff online and saving money, but buyer beware. I buy a lot of electronics online because of the savings but I know that the warranty is only through the company I bought it from, not the manfacturer.

COLLINSVILLE
09-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Lets say you deal with a nursery center that gives you a one year warranty on plants.
You install the plants and give your customer the warranty. Now another customer buys
the same plants at the nursery that you deal with and the plants die within a year. The
customer then calls you to replace the plants. Do you call the nursery and make arangements to replace the plants? Or do you tell them its not your problem?

watsmi57
09-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Lets say you deal with a nursery center that gives you a one year warranty on plants.
You install the plants and give your customer the warranty. Now another customer buys
the same plants at the nursery that you deal with and the plants die within a year. The
customer then calls you to replace the plants. Do you call the nursery and make arangements to replace the plants? Or do you tell them its not your problem?

I call the nursery because the nursery(manufacturer) or the customer one ....is gonna pay me to replace the plants (parts).

My dealer should sell me the mower at cost if he has to because he knows I will be coming back for service, parts, repairs, blades, belts, oil, handhelds, blowers, saws, etc.etc.etc.

I am willing to pay my dealer more just to have him on my team ...just not 13% more.

Mowingman
09-30-2010, 08:41 PM
If you think dealers should sell mowers at cost, just because you might come back and buy $49.00 worth of parts, you are nuts.
Dealers are in this business to make a profit, not give stuff away. By golly, you have really been listening to Obama haven't you? "Everyone if ENTITLED to something for nothing", is what he and his bunch has been preaching. And you seem to have bought into that.

Alan0354
09-30-2010, 08:53 PM
If you think dealers should sell mowers at cost, just because you might come back and buy $49.00 worth of parts, you are nuts.
Dealers are in this business to make a profit, not give stuff away. By golly, you have really been listening to Obama haven't you? "Everyone if ENTITLED to something for nothing", is what he and his bunch has been preaching. And you seem to have bought into that.

I am no longer talking about dealer anymore..........

Don't you like spreading the wealth a little? Our savior think we should!!!!:laugh::laugh: Like Joe the plumber, he struggled and made it himself, so it's time to give someone else a chance!!!!

I can't help it, this is good stuff!!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

watsmi57
09-30-2010, 09:40 PM

I think over the life of the machine it's gonna be a heck of a lot more than $49 worth of parts. Do you think the dealer survives on mower sales alone? Or are they like us and make a buck on every turn they can?

How is it something for nothing? Best I can tell I am still paying for the mower. Don't see Nobama sendin me any checks lol...I am in business to make a profit too so why should I pay an extra $1k for a mower I can buy cheaper somewhere else.

I did some checking on my local dealer today too..I found out that even his customers are sometimes without a mower for weeks because they can't handle the volume in the service shop. Sometimes you get a loaner...sometimes u don't .....but if you do...usually it's someone else's mower...believe that? This is also the same dealer that charges all his good customers full retail on everything. Nothing smaller than a ZT is ever negotiable at my dealer .

There is another dealer within 45 mins that I have never seen in my life that can work on my mower. I am sure he will be happy to see me for repairs and service work ...but .....more than likely....My warranty will expire before anything major tears up on the machine. I will probably be around 500 hours when the warranty expires in 2 years.

watsmi57
09-30-2010, 10:18 PM
There is another dealer within 45 mins .

I just checked ...there are actually 4 other Gravely dealers (mowers,parts, and service) all less than an hour's drive from me.

rwaters
10-01-2010, 12:01 AM
I take it you have decided not to pay taxes on your mower then...

Well I Honestly wish you luck with your purchase, hopefully this discussion was in vane and you do not have to find a new service center.

watsmi57
10-01-2010, 12:12 AM
I take it you have decided not to pay taxes on your mower then...

Well I Honestly wish you luck with your purchase, hopefully this discussion was in vane and you do not have to find a new service center.

Actually I am still doing some homework on it. Gotta talk to Gravely and Wise Sales about warranty information. Still going to talk to my cpa as well about tax info. I am gonna check with the other 4 local dealers too. Maybe one of them can strike a better deal and I can still buy local.

I also am apprehensive about buying this late in the season ....maybe wait for spring and see the new models....but winter can be a good time to buy...especially when the 2011s start shipping.

rwaters
10-01-2010, 12:51 AM
Figured I might help you out with that, I would not trust Wise Sales to tell you the truth, but then again I have no respect for that dealership(I think it is my responsibility to tell my customers the whole truth, such as you have to pay taxes on your mower to your state, so they do not get a penataly or an audit) But maybe I just have a higher standard that I feel dealerships and for that matter all men should hold to.

Here is a link to your states code

https://etax.dor.ga.gov/salestax/salestax_genlinfo.aspx

and here is what it says

Is tangible personal property purchased over the Internet subject to sales and use tax?

Yes. Tangible personal property purchased via the Internet and delivered to a Georgia address is subject to Georgia sales and use tax regardless of where the vendor is located. Report and remit Use Tax on Form ST-3USE. The tax rate is based on the county where delivery takes place.

I am in the process of opening up an online store, and yes I am a lowballing dealer, but I am an honest man. I will not ship a unit as it is my RESPONSIBILITY to take care of any unit I sell to the best of my ability. But I understand how price is important, thats why I am trying my best to be the lowest price solution in the area, hopefully in the country when my online store goes up.

Alan0354
10-01-2010, 12:56 AM
I am in the process of opening up an online store, and yes I am a lowballing dealer, but I am an honest man. I will not ship a unit as it is my RESPONSIBILITY to take care of any unit I sell to the best of my ability. But I understand how price is important, thats why I am trying my best to be the lowest price solution in the area, hopefully in the country when my online store goes up.

You carrying any hedge trimmers online? What brand?

rwaters
10-01-2010, 01:04 AM
You carrying any hedge trimmers online? What brand?

I sell Redmax in the store, so far no equipment online at all. My online store is going be be mainly discounted Oregon blades, parts for most of your major mowers(belts, oem engine parts, starters,air filters and such). I take pride in my equipment and want it running before it leaves the store, I cant do that when I ship it in a box. But I will sell you parts if you have a redmax:drinkup:

EastCoast
10-01-2010, 07:45 AM
If your talking about Wise Sales in Schaumburg, IL I would go to BBB.com and look them up.... pretty sad rating.
Posted via Mobile Device

rwaters
10-01-2010, 10:10 AM
If your talking about Wise Sales in Schaumburg, IL I would go to BBB.com and look them up.... pretty sad rating.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ouch 3 listings and 3 F ratings. But the BBB is somewhat for sale, if you join you can raise your rating , but they do have a lot of complaints in the last 2 years for a retail store. but for reference my fathers store has not had a complaint in the last 20 years and only has a B rating. I don't even have a rating.

ucfbrian
10-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Most states now have laws stating that you have to pay sales tax on all items purchased instore, online, etc. A typical homeowner can get away without paying sales tax on a mower but for a business if you want any chance of writing the mower off on your taxes, you will pay tax either when you buy the machine or when you CPA files your taxes.

Rwaters, if you are starting an online store, check into your state laws reguarding when you have to collect tax. Some states are now requiring sales tax on all sales except with a tax exempt on file.

wimpy
10-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Wise Sales is good for what it is... A cheap source for merchandise. You can't expect service from them, that's not what they were designed to do. Can't have your cake and eat it too, that's why this thread has been started, to get the cheap price, then serviced at a local establishment. The BBB ratings are ridiculous. Anyone can make a complaint, and I seriously doubt a highly successful company like Wise would waste their time giving their side to every complaint. It's pointless. Yes, Wise is a thorn to any OPE business because they have rock bottom prices w/ free shipping, no tax. But let's be truthful, the dealers that despise them are the ones that also envy them. They want what they got.

Lawncare customers should start demanding free landscape construction jobs then offer to pay for the maintenance of that job. What a concept!

American society is in the toilet, and has been that way for the past 20 years and only getting worse. There should be a law on who can reproduce and set a limit.

Alan0354
10-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Lawncare customers should start demanding free landscape construction jobs then offer to pay for the maintenance of that job. What a concept!

American society is in the toilet, and has been that way for the past 20 years and only getting worse. There should be a law on who can reproduce and set a limit.

This is obamanomics.

rwaters
10-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Most states now have laws stating that you have to pay sales tax on all items purchased instore, online, etc. A typical homeowner can get away without paying sales tax on a mower but for a business if you want any chance of writing the mower off on your taxes, you will pay tax either when you buy the machine or when you CPA files your taxes.

Rwaters, if you are starting an online store, check into your state laws reguarding when you have to collect tax. Some states are now requiring sales tax on all sales except with a tax exempt on file.

I am lucky I do not live in one of those states, as that could get messy, the supreme court has a ruling that contradicts states collecting sales tax for out of state purchases. I have been looking into all of the laws and plan on having a page dedicated to that, with links to help consumers figure it all out(however I bet that will hurt my sales a little, but I will feel better knowing I am being honest and giving all of the facts).

stan the man
10-01-2010, 01:36 PM
i know we are all out to make money and to save money. and a dealer if they can rip you off they will.

watsmi57
10-01-2010, 01:56 PM
from my CPA:

The sales tax that you pay when you purchase things is really a sales and use tax which means that if you use it in Georgia you are subject to the tax. If this was not in place hardly anyone would purchase an auto in Georgia. If you purchase a vehicle out of state, you are not subject to sales tax in that state. When you bring the vehicle into Georgia you are subject to the tax that you would have paid to a local dealer.

so yes a homeowner could probably be ok here but not me. I have a business and you better believe I am gonna claim this mower on taxes lol. So if I am paying tax anyway...the local dealer is within $4-500 bucks. Guess he gets my support after all...

Bob-L
10-01-2010, 02:27 PM
I joined the site so I could do research on mowers (thanks for the feedback by the way - purchased a Skag Freedom Z for my home). I own a software company that sells accounting and inventory control solutions to companies all over the country. We obviously deal with a lot of business owners and CPA's and most (if not all) of the states charge sales/use tax for items purchased out of state (including software). At this point, most states are relying on the honor system to report and pay the taxes but several states are now trying to push the burden up the chain so they can go after both the end user and distributor. At some point, Wise (or anyone else doing high dollar volume shipping out of state) can be audited by other states wherein they have to produce sales figures by state and who purchased what/when and for how much then your state will come after you. You may not think this can happen but it does everyday. For example, GA audits a LCO and finds he purchased $8K of product from Wise Sales. GA has every right to require Wise to produce sales figures for GA and then the tax notices will fly.

If your CPA claims the tax is not due then get it in writing and make sure his/her professional liability insurance is up-to-date because you will be charged interest and penalties on top of the tax that you owe if/when you get caught.

ucfbrian
10-01-2010, 02:51 PM
A lot of the internet sales companies are fighting the nationwide collection of sales tax by internet sales companies requirements that many state governements are trying to get passed into law. They know by having to collect sales tax for the state the buyer is in that their prices are not going to be much cheeper. Plus, any legitimate business is going to pay sales tax on all of their purchases except products for resale.

ucfbrian
10-01-2010, 03:05 PM
from my CPA:

The sales tax that you pay when you purchase things is really a sales and use tax which means that if you use it in Georgia you are subject to the tax. If this was not in place hardly anyone would purchase an auto in Georgia. If you purchase a vehicle out of state, you are not subject to sales tax in that state. When you bring the vehicle into Georgia you are subject to the tax that you would have paid to a local dealer.

so yes a homeowner could probably be ok here but not me. I have a business and you better believe I am gonna claim this mower on taxes lol. So if I am paying tax anyway...the local dealer is within $4-500 bucks. Guess he gets my support after all...

Always nice to have a good CPA to answer your questions, keep you legit, and help you keep from being audited. This is a big area that the dealers need to be more knowledgable about to help save their sales. Knowing when and when not to charge sales tax could mean the difference in getting a sale or not. I have gained many sales from homeowners by knowing I could give them an AG tax exemption legally. I have been in retail sales for a while now and have seen that by knowing all of the information to correctly answer a customers question/problem/etc, you can save alot of sales and gain some customers for life by them knowing that. Sometimes price is only half of the sale.

pugs
10-01-2010, 03:25 PM
I call the nursery because the nursery(manufacturer) or the customer one ....is gonna pay me to replace the plants (parts).

My dealer should sell me the mower at cost if he has to because he knows I will be coming back for service, parts, repairs, blades, belts, oil, handhelds, blowers, saws, etc.etc.etc.

I am willing to pay my dealer more just to have him on my team ...just not 13% more.

So what happens when you find the parts cheaper somewhere else? Do you expect him to sell those at cost too?

I think you should sell those plants that you install at cost to your customer. They will need you to take care of them in the future right?

Sammy
10-01-2010, 03:26 PM

I think that your customers should get together and demand that you drop their prices by 13%. :hammerhead:

watsmi57
10-01-2010, 04:42 PM
I think you should sell those plants that you install at cost to your customer. They will need you to take care of them in the future right?

If that is what I had to do to survive in this economy...you better believe it. They get the plants at cost...I get labor to put them in and get to keep them up. sounds good to me. I may not be making what I want but some cash flow is better than none. A sale is a sale.

I have had one time landscaping jobs turn into some pretty good long term regular maintainence accounts because I was fair up front.

I would rather have a long term relationship with a client than a one time big paying job.

stan the man
10-01-2010, 04:52 PM
If that is what I had to do to survive in this economy...you better believe it. They get the plants at cost...I get labor to put them in and get to keep them up. sounds good to me. I may not be making what I want but some cash flow is better than none. A sale is a sale.

I have had one time landscaping jobs turn into some pretty good long term regular maintainence accounts because I was fair up front.

I would rather have a long term relationship with a client than a one time big paying job.

that is the way all my 50 accounts are i do anything for them.they know it

EastCoast
10-01-2010, 04:55 PM
The BBB ratings are ridiculous.

You have to be kidding me... this is a great resource on companies you hire, purchase from etc. It saved me lots of grief when doing work on my house.

Having a good BBB rating is a huge plus, it's there to help protect the consumer.

It has two complaints since March 2008......... not good!

Alan0354
10-01-2010, 04:59 PM
I think bad BBB rating is not good. But from the report, you can see whether the matter get resolved. If things get resolved, it is not too bad, but if too many don't get resolved, then you better look out.

So how bad is Wisesales?

EastCoast
10-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Based on BBB files, Wise Sales and Rental, Inc. has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F.
Reasons for this rating include:
Failure to respond to 2 complaints filed against business

Alan0354
10-01-2010, 05:10 PM
I was going to order the Shindaiwa HT2510DLR hedge trimmer from them, but when I was still making the final decision, they stop carrying that trimmer!!! I am waiting for the Christmas sale of the dealer I always go to. I might consider paying a little more and buying from them because I always go and play with their equipments. So maybe it's just fare to contribute to them a little. Unlike what this thread is talking, I have no plans to go back for service unless they promise not to charge me. Hand held is a totally different story from this thread. They are easy to work on and I should have no problem working on it myself.

rwaters
10-01-2010, 05:38 PM
I was going to order the Shindaiwa HT2510DLR hedge trimmer from them, but when I was still making the final decision, they stop carrying that trimmer!!! I am waiting for the Christmas sale of the dealer I always go to. I might consider paying a little more and buying from them because I always go and play with their equipments. So maybe it's just fare to contribute to them a little. Unlike what this thread is talking, I have no plans to go back for service unless they promise not to charge me. Hand held is a totally different story from this thread. They are easy to work on and I should have no problem working on it myself.

Honestly on the 2cycle repair I agree with you, Shops loose money working on them, they are easy, take time up but with the parts your bill is high. You are better off working on it yourself if you can. Oh by the way I intended to respond to your earlier post, I might disagree with you but you have every right to respond to this forum, it is nice to see someone be honest that they are in a situation where it might not matter as much on warranty and be honest. even though I do hope you find a decent dealer and warm up to us a little.

also just for note the reason I do not sell Redmax online is the warranty is void if you are not shown how to use it. I refuse to put a customer in that situation, I am in business for myself so I can run an honest business and sleep at night, I opened up in a county without another shop so I can pretty much run my business that way without much problems, I keep my prices low and try to be as honest as I can.

stan the man
10-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Honestly on the 2cycle repair I agree with you, Shops loose money working on them, they are easy, take time up but with the parts your bill is high. You are better off working on it yourself if you can. Oh by the way I intended to respond to your earlier post, I might disagree with you but you have every right to respond to this forum, it is nice to see someone be honest that they are in a situation where it might not matter as much on warranty and be honest. even though I do hope you find a decent dealer and warm up to us a little.

also just for note the reason I do not sell Redmax online is the warranty is void if you are not shown how to use it. I refuse to put a customer in that situation, I am in business for myself so I can run an honest business and sleep at night, I opened up in a county without another shop so I can pretty much run my business that way without much problems, I keep my prices low and try to be as honest as I can.
i like that if it is what you say

Alan0354
10-01-2010, 06:08 PM

That is the reason I excuse myself out of this thread because I never have to deal with ZTRs and Stander type that it won't be easy for do-it-yourselfer, I don't want to contaminate people's mind. If you do mail order equipment, make sure you let us know. Nice to have someone honest!!:waving:

rwaters
10-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Based on BBB files, Wise Sales and Rental, Inc. has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F.
Failure to respond to 2 complaints filed against business

Wow you picked the good one too:laugh:

check all of them out.

http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/lawn-and-garden-equipment-and-supplies-rental/wise-equipment-and-rental-in-schaumburg-il-88266006

12 complaints filed against business
Failure to respond to 7 complaints filed against business.

http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/contractors-equipment-and-supplies-rent-and-lease/wise-equipment-and-rentals-in-schaumburg-il-11001079

BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business.
Failure to respond to one complaint filed against business.

http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/machinery-new/wise-sales-and-rental-in-schaumburg-il-88263540

Failure to respond to 2 complaints filed against business.

I also found my business does not even show up so guess no complaints:cool2:

stan the man
10-01-2010, 07:27 PM
no way would i buy a mower on line .i have see it before i fork the money over. all my mower go to dealer for repair and i have them do oil to. i do buy my parts for on line for small engine equipment i do all work on them myself.

Alan0354
10-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Anyone know about Turfeagle online equipment? I have been looking on BBB site and can't find it.

http://www.turfeagle.com/

While you all on a roll trashing online store, help me out on this.

rwaters
10-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Anyone know about Turfeagle online equipment? I have been looking on BBB site and can't find it.

http://www.turfeagle.com/

While you all on a roll trashing online store, help me out on this.

Not going to trash them...

That is

Dave's Sales & Service, Inc,
2401 W Matthews Avenue
Jonesboro, AR 72401
Phone: (870) 935-3620

They have been in business for 35 years and have 3 employees. I would say it is just a local dealer with a website.

Just ask me anything I know all:cool2::weightlifter::drinkup:

Alan0354
10-01-2010, 10:44 PM
Not going to trash them...

That is

Dave's Sales & Service, Inc,
2401 W Matthews Avenue
Jonesboro, AR 72401
Phone: (870) 935-3620

They have been in business for 35 years and have 3 employees. I would say it is just a local dealer with a website.

Just ask me anything I know all:cool2::weightlifter::drinkup:

I was just joking about it. Good to know about Wisesales.

You mean turneagle and Dave's Sales are the same?!! Wonder why!!!

rwaters
10-01-2010, 11:55 PM
I was just joking about it. Good to know about Wisesales.

You mean turneagle and Dave's Sales are the same?!! Wonder why!!!

Most likely he is selling stuff cheaper online and does not want his customers to know about it. As is most online retailers, they use the online store to up their quantity lowering cost and raising profit margins on the local customers.

Alan0354
10-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Most likely he is selling stuff cheaper online and does not want his customers to know about it. As is most online retailers, they use the online store to up their quantity lowering cost and raising profit margins on the local customers.

I am absolutely surprised, there is no complain on this store!!!! I wrote to them regarding exchange if found defective, they wrote back " We fix it, we are not Walmart, we don't refund or exchange!!"

Maybe you have to watch out the ones that talk sweet. It's the rude ones that might be better!!!:laugh:

rwaters
10-02-2010, 06:31 PM
I am absolutely surprised, there is no complain on this store!!!! I wrote to them regarding exchange if found defective, they wrote back " We fix it, we are not Walmart, we don't refund or exchange!!"

Maybe you have to watch out the ones that talk sweet. It's the rude ones that might be better!!!:laugh:

That is honestly prob a good theory. The honest ones are normally pissed all the time over the crap we have to deal with from the dishonest ones. I have to watch myself sometimes as it gets to be too much.