PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Design Ideas

EveningIllumination
09-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Hi All,

I just got the OK to go forward with this job. I have a an idea about what I want to do in the back yard. Just looking for ideas and suggestions - the whole area can be viewed from inside the house. Please excuse the "personal assistant" in the photo. Any and all ideas and suggestions are welcome and appreciated! Thank You

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f343/EveningIllumination/IMG_6480.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f343/EveningIllumination/IMG_6479.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f343/EveningIllumination/IMG_6481.jpg

Have A Great Day - ALL!!
Bobbi

FX Luminaire
09-28-2010, 10:32 PM
I'm sorry.......what about "head lights" :dizzy::dizzy:

Tony

FX Luminaire
09-28-2010, 10:41 PM
Start with up lighting the palms and then add in some low level lighting inside the hedge. You may choose to softly flood light the interior of the hedge to create some mood and ambient glow.

Try a light green filter on the hedge lights for a nice natural color. Halogen and Xenon tends to make green look a little yellow.

Tony

Mark B
09-29-2010, 12:09 AM
I'm with FX
Posted via Mobile Device

RLI Electric
10-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Bobbi
Hmm, I really thought there would be more responses to this. Like I mentioned to you, I am in agreement with FX and Sleepyhead. Hope it works out well for you. It should be a great project when it's all done. Let us know how it went. If you're doing a mockup, take some photos and post them.

emby
10-01-2010, 11:40 PM
Hi Bobbi,

By looking at the pictures is the canvas for your lighting portrait going to include the trees beyond the large hedge?
If so I would add some up lighting to those which would raise the ceiling and give you lots of depth to the scene, especially right in the center of your second picture. The reflection from the pool would look awsome from where you are taking the picture from.
Maybe a couple of down lights in the Palm tree on the left inside the hedge so that they provide some soft moonlight to the sitting area where the lounge chairs are.
I like the palm tree or bush right in the middle behind the spa and inside the hedge area. That would look pretty cool with some intense light and then have the trees in behind the hedge lit.
Just some thoughts from a new guy. Let us know what you did and take some shots.

Ken

EveningIllumination
10-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Thank You All,

I will post some photos when I get this done. The trees behind the hedge are not on this property. I had basically the same ideas.

Chris J
10-13-2010, 10:35 PM
I would start with a nice red wine to replace the fruity drink, followed by some soft music and candles......... ;-)

Pro-Scapes
10-14-2010, 10:42 AM
ditch the tikis in favor of some islanders or similar. The palms behind the spa are a nice focal point. What is behind you where your standing with the camera. Hope the client doesnt mind you posting her Bikini shots. Bit unprofesional if her husband or a co worker saw them and got upset ?

elegance_alex
10-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Those tall palms in the center look to be the focal point - they are some beauties. I like the glow in the hedge idea, and you could bring out the texture in the other shrubbery too. I don't agree with adding the green color to the hedges, though - I say use a cool white LED fixture with a wide spread. You could mount a downlight in the palm to the left end of the pool and center it on the table area - if the table stays there most of the time. Some glow in the plantings would be pretty