PDA

View Full Version : Subcontracting

MR-G
09-28-2010, 11:17 PM
Anyone here try to sub out their extra work?

White Gardens
09-29-2010, 06:36 AM
No, but I sub during jobs if there is something that I can't do such as electrical, concrete, etc..

MR-G
09-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Yes, we have done that as well....we are looking to possibly sub out residential and commercial accts....mowing,maint,ect...:usflag:

White Gardens
09-29-2010, 05:58 PM
I know guys who do sub out the work to keep the business going and growing on paper.

I'm not necessarily in a position to turn anything down, or hand out sub work to people, so I haven't subbed out any accounts that way.

I guess I have subs that help with snow in the winter but that's about it. I have to do W-4's for those people to cover my but during tax season.

MR-G
09-29-2010, 07:58 PM
we have enough for 3 full time 3 man crews....but we have these 35 accts that are a struggle to squeeze in to already real tight routes...not wanting to lay out the $$ and effort at the moment to start another rig...not sure how we will do this winter...no snow here but last winter had ice several mornings and all but stopped the grass as well as everything else.....tropicals dont like the cold temps...lol:usflag:

White Gardens
09-29-2010, 09:19 PM
we have enough for 3 full time 3 man crews....but we have these 35 accts that are a struggle to squeeze in to already real tight routes...not wanting to lay out the $$ and effort at the moment to start another rig...not sure how we will do this winter...no snow here but last winter had ice several mornings and all but stopped the grass as well as everything else.....tropicals dont like the cold temps...lol:usflag:

Ya I can understand that. I know a window guy in my BNI group who is subbing out some of his window replacements. He's wondering if after the tax credits expire, if business will dry up, so he's not wanting to put the extra money into it right now.

For snow, I don't want or need to buy a couple extra trucks or tractor and box pusher as they would only get used in the winter and that's about it. I might be able to pay for them, but I don't want the long-term insurance debt from it right now.

There is now I think some tax hiring credits right now though, might want to look into it. Might still be a crap-shoot though.

MR-G
09-30-2010, 07:16 AM
If we were just going into spring I would....but am leary about what winter will bring us down here...thanks for the reminder on those tax credits though...I just dont think it will help enough in a slow winter....:usflag: