PDA

View Full Version : Fastrak/Fastrak SD tranny's

hillbilly01
09-29-2010, 10:43 AM
Hi all-

New guy here. Seriously considering either the Fastrak or Fastrak SD (likely 54") for my 1.3 acre property. Mostly flat, but the majority of one side is sloped and in places significant sloped (~30 degrees).

I've received differing opinions on the Fastrak vs SD transmissions and differences between the two. Can someone confirm the differences please?? I've done tons of searching over the last month, but can't seem to locate a definitive answer.

The shop also has one Fastrak 48" 19hp Kohler Courage (IIRC) available, which I think is a '09 leftover. I don't believe Hustler offered a FT with a Kohler 19hp in 2010, only Kawi/Honda. Anyone care to comment on Kohler Courage??

Thanks for any feedback.
-HB

hillbilly01
09-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Now that I'm home and can look at it, 30 degrees is a stretch. Two photos below show the small slopes and one of the remainder of the yard (not including the front).

mowerconsultant
09-29-2010, 04:32 PM
I read your emails and replied also.
Either of these mowers will handle what your cutting.
The only difference in the hydro’s is the gear ratio, this is due to the larger tires on the FasTrak SD.

Pj

hillbilly01
09-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Many thanks PJ. Appreciate your email responses, but I was hoping some others might be willing to comment on the Kohler Courage.

Another engine question:
How does the Fastrak Kawaski's differ from the Fastrak SD Kawi's (besides being increased HP)? Does the SD Kawi's have more 'commercial' components??

Thanks again for your time.
-HB

mowerconsultant
09-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Many thanks PJ. Appreciate your email responses, but I was hoping some others might be willing to comment on the Kohler Courage.

Another engine question:
How does the Fastrak Kawaski's differ from the Fastrak SD Kawi's (besides being increased HP)? Does the SD Kawi's have more 'commercial' components??

Thanks again for your time.
-HB

Ok.
The difference between the engines other than HP is the air filter set up and the 25hp engine has a oil cooler.

Pj

SPENCER HUNTER
10-23-2010, 10:11 PM
It is a single cylinder engine not enough power,,,so he sold it and got the 48 inch super duty now he is real happy with his new mower w 19 hp kaw,,,twin cylinder,,,more power and does a better job on slopes,,, great machine,,,i have the super duty 42 inch 19 hp kaw,,,now with over 500 hr's still going strong way to go hustler