PDA

View Full Version : Hustler Fastrak SD

rwreuter
09-29-2010, 12:34 PM
I have a question for you all....not to start a war or rehash a topic that has been beat to death for decades. I just would like to know....

I am going to buy a Hustler Fastrak SD (small chance I may buy the SuperZ) but I noticed the Hustler website is showing a Honda engine which turns out to be a GXV630, which has less horse power and torque than the Kawasaki engine. Not to mention that engine does not have the remote canister air filter.

Why would Hustler offer an like the Honda with less of everything vs the Kawasaki. I have also heard that the Honda is considered an upgrade to the Kawasaki engine. Is that Honda with less torque and HP really a better alternative to the Kawasaki?

Just curious is all.....should I get the Hustler Fastrak SD with the Kawasaki engine or the Honda engine....

v/r

confused

rwaters
09-29-2010, 03:09 PM
I have a question for you all....not to start a war or rehash a topic that has been beat to death for decades. I just would like to know....

I am going to buy a Hustler Fastrak SD (small chance I may buy the SuperZ) but I noticed the Hustler website is showing a Honda engine which turns out to be a GXV630, which has less horse power and torque than the Kawasaki engine. Not to mention that engine does not have the remote canister air filter.

Why would Hustler offer an like the Honda with less of everything vs the Kawasaki. I have also heard that the Honda is considered an upgrade to the Kawasaki engine. Is that Honda with less torque and HP really a better alternative to the Kawasaki?

Just curious is all.....should I get the Hustler Fastrak SD with the Kawasaki engine or the Honda engine....

v/r

confused

The engine options are more about customer preference then upgrades in some cases. You have fans of the kawi engines and you also have guys that would not have one if you gave it to them. Personally I love the kawi engines(not as fond of liquid cooled engines, but over all love kawasaki engines) I am a Hustler dealer and only carry the Fastrak SD with the kawi engines I do not have any request for the honda's However I sell sports with the Honda, and am a Honda warranty center, so I am not against it I just like the air cleaner on the kawi better.

rwreuter
09-29-2010, 03:20 PM
the dealer i am looking at purchasing my hustler from only has honda's in his 54" and only kawasaki's in the 60" version.

from the spec's it doesn't seem that the honda is as powerful. i certainly don't want to get an under powered engine, the more power i think would be better.

quality wise, i have heard nothing negative about honda engines. i guess it is like you said, personal preference, some will only have one or the other.

so, i have no choice, if i buy a 54" (which is what i want) i have to get the honda engine. the only way to get a kawasaki engine is to go with the 60".

many people have recommended that remote canister set up, because it is better for the engine, the kawasaki only has that. what is your take on that remote canister set up, is it really worth it, does it make a significant difference in performance, or in the life of the engine?

rob

mbrew
09-29-2010, 04:32 PM
You have lots of choices, you can have the dealer order what you want or you can go to another dealer.

I doubt that there's any kind of study available that shows significant benefit other than reduced maintenance to the canister.