PDA

View Full Version : looking for software

tripihouse
08-13-2002, 02:09 PM
i am looking for some quality landscape design software where i can design a plan around my clients existing home using photos from a digital camera....have been searching on the internet for awhile but all i find is $50 programs that won't help me or programs that cost $800+ can anyone help point me in the right direction in what would be a quality buy and a good investment...thanks

MPhillips
08-13-2002, 03:08 PM
I use a product by Broderbund...it's pretty elementary but you can scan pics in and add features.

SCL
08-13-2002, 03:34 PM
Hi,
Since you're a new member I'll be quite kind. There are numerous posts that can help on this subject, so do a search and you'll have more info than you can digest. That said, I've looked at quite a few of these and the one I preferred was a product called DIG. Around $500 and fairly easy. Welcome aboard and good luck.

dforbes
08-15-2002, 11:40 PM
I use a program called imagine your landscape. Bought it at sams 2 or 3 years ago. they no longer have it but i think you can get it at amazon.com. also the disk list thier website as www.macmillansoftware.com I'm sure you could order it direct. Before i bought this I bought about 10 programs that didn't live up to the adds. Now this is all I use. It has a large plant base, and most commenly used landscape materials. Also if you don't find what you want you can go online to their site and get it. I use a digital camera to import my pictures but one of the options is scan a photo. of all the programs i've bought this is the best. Its very easy to use and a very powerful program for the money. I think I paid between $80 and $100 when I got it. Hope this helps you

Dennis

Cooper Landscaping
08-16-2002, 01:46 AM
the website that you linked too doesnt seem to work? but if its a 5 disk set that youre talking about its on abay for $69.99.
-Coop

dforbes
08-16-2002, 09:14 AM
it is a 5 disk set. thats probably it. well worth the money

MJ LANDSCAPING
09-02-2002, 10:00 PM
Got a great package from a company called Design Imaging Group in New York. It is great. Has a large selection of hardscapes, plants, shrubs and trees. Even has a night scape disk to show customers what the job will look like at night with lighting. I have ran this program for 5 years now and it sells itself. Visit www.DesignImagingGroup.com