PDA

View Full Version : Question on a John Deere 14SB Mower

boxerman
09-29-2010, 09:31 PM
I did some weed removal for elderly lady i told her would do it for $50.00.
I went today and got it done for her. When i went to tell i was done and to get paid she gave me a check for $100.00. Plus said she had a John Deere mowing she want to get rid and she said i could have it for free. It is a John Deere 14SB mowing i got it home and put some gas in and tried starting but couldn't get to run. She said it hadn't been run for few years. It is in really good shape. I checked the spark plug and it look new and it had spark. Also pulled gas line off and it is getting gas. I don't know to much about JD mowers could anybody give me any other suggestion on what else i could try to get it going or what might be wrong with it.

morgaj1
09-29-2010, 09:37 PM
If it has been sitting, I bet the carb is clogged. I would take the carb apart and clean it first.

Mowingman
09-29-2010, 09:40 PM
One of the best mowers J.D. has ever made. It later was called the JX75. The Kawasaki engine on that mower is kind of tempermental about trash in the fuel system. After sitting that long, it will need a carb cleaning or carb rebuild for sure. The choke can be very tempermental also, due to trash in the fuel line. After you get that done, install a small inline fuel filter between the gas tank and the carb. That will help with future debris that might come loose in that old fuel tank.
Great mower and the price was sure right. That is a lucky find.

boxerman
09-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Thanks for info. i will check the carb.