PDA

View Full Version : Billy Goat Vacs

HarryD
08-13-2002, 02:14 PM
was wondering how well these machines pic up gravel and parking lot liiter

summitgroundskeeping
08-13-2002, 03:43 PM
mine picks up the left over crud from edging side walks and any litter too. Does great with leaves (dry) and lawn debris and leaves the best looking stripes I have ever seen anywhere.

Bob Minney
08-13-2002, 04:28 PM
Working on pavement it will pick up cans, pea size gravel, small sticks.
Plan on wearing a mask, walking behind one is dusty work.

HarryD
08-13-2002, 05:55 PM
when sucking up leaves how fine does it shread them

Bob Minney
08-13-2002, 06:01 PM
If I remember correctly (yah right) the brochure said 10-1?
My best guess puts it 4-1 or 3-1.
If you are going to use it a lot buy extra debris bags, makes for faster work.

summitgroundskeeping
08-13-2002, 06:38 PM
Oh ya, I forgot. When you use it, wear a mask unless you want a bad taste in your mouth and dirt packed inside your nose. Very dusty when sucking up dirt from edging and a little less dusty when doing leaves.
WEAR A MASK and SAFTEY GOGGLES while your at it.

Floridalandcare
08-13-2002, 06:49 PM
Sucking dirt (YOU WILL BE DIRTY), they do a good job of leaves a nd litter ,but thats one dirty job.

crawdad
08-13-2002, 10:03 PM
When sucking up leaves, it shreds them pretty well, the bag is as heavy as you would want to carry, and you won't want to carry it far. I've had mine for many years. Like everyone said, it is dusty work. I did a cleanup last spring, the previous "clean up" from last year had just blown the leaves into the corners of the property, where they laid wet all winter. I vac-ed leaves 'til my nose bled. Figured it would be worth it, to get the new mowing customer on the "rich" street. Mowed it a few times, and the old gal went back to her previous lawn person. The one who did the half-azzed cleanup job! Said my prices were too high. OK, bye. Driving past her place the other day, I see that she is still saving money. You can tell.
Crawdad