PDA

View Full Version : My Top Parts Places

PlantscapeSolutions
09-30-2010, 08:55 AM
The places I've had good luck with are J Thomas and Russo Power. You can't buy small items and save much money but if you buy more expensive items or a bunch of items like air, oil, and hydro filters it adds up.

I had Russo send me two T261's because they were discontinued and I was sure the new replacement would have more emissions stuff on it. Russo is actually a full service store that sells and services a bunch of brands while J Thomas is only a parts supplier.

I had to replace a wheel motor on one of my Scags recently and it was a better deal to pay Next Day Air shipping from Russo or J Thomas than to get it locally. Plus my local places had no wheel motors in stock and were going to take a week to get me a part.

On expensive parts I've gotten the places to duke it out to get my business. Parts Tree is run out of a shop located just 30 minutes from where I live and I never buy anything from them. I can always getter a better deal from the other places.

Richard Martin
09-30-2010, 09:14 AM
I buy from whomever has it the cheapest. I feel no loyalty to any supplier because I feel no loyalty from them. It's purely a business transaction and I treat it as such.

I just Google up the part number I need and buy from the supplier with the best price including shipping.