PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Brite Lights....?

shade tree landscaping
09-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Thinking and leaning very much to buying into HBL. Have a few questions for people who currently use them. Their regular website is super slow and "blank" pages keep coming up. Is the members buying section the same way or run better? Are their prices that much better than buying through another wholesaler online? Once christmas season really gets going, after thanksgiving, has anyone ran into problems with items being out of stock?

Thanks in advance

TexasFire221
09-30-2010, 11:17 PM
There are having some maintenance done right now on the website so im sure thats why you are having issues. Their product is the best. There are some issues with them that I have come up with but just minor I guess. Im 99% happy with them. Mike will bend over backwards to help you get started and also help you along the way. Yes there are items that sell out so there are a few things you have to get early. Go for it!

David Gretzmier
10-03-2010, 10:40 AM
They have the best product, and thier prices are lower on some stuff and higher on others. They do run out of some product items as the season goes, but everyone does. Unlike other vendors we use, they have in the past sent out weekly, then daily emails about product that is out or low or at regular levels. after the 2nd week of November, I call them if I am not sure, and then I order that night if I get the job.

shade tree landscaping
10-05-2010, 09:54 AM
sounds like everyone is happy fro the most part with them. I contacted them about sending me an info pack on becoming a member since their website is a disaster to get info from. What package level did you guys buy in at? Thanks for the help/info.

addictedtolandscaping
10-05-2010, 08:36 PM
After much research I bought in last year, and no regrets. I stopped at one of the others, and the product has really no comparison as far as I am concerned.

Word to the wise, I didn't believe it myself, however the greenery is a huge hit. I think I ended up ordering more wreaths than I didn't. Fortunately I had them in stock for a bit to show off.

I don't remember what level I was at, however, it did come with a good variety of product.

I am a bit concerned about this year, things in New York contrary to the Feds still suck. I have had all my renewal contracts out for a few weeks and have heard nothing back yet. The direct mail program HBL offers starts the end of the month, so hopefully things will pick up then. I have several thousand tied up with Chamber of Commerce adds this year, went with September and October instead of October and November like last year, so far nadda.

Good Luck

David Gretzmier
10-06-2010, 09:01 PM
economy here is good to decent .it has felt a little suppressed the past 2 years, but my business is still growing each year, just not as fast. a bit more cancellations, but not outrageous going from 95% retention of clients year to year to 90.

nearly every indicator shows improvement over the last 9 months. GNP economy is growing very slowly, but not shrinking. exports are up. unemployment is creeping down a tenth of a percent here and there, but not going up. consumer spending has also been creeping up. existing home sales have went up a tiny bit 7 of the last 9 months.

The White House is not making these statistics up. folks may want things to get better overnight, and want unemployment to jump down to 6%, but we are not there. This may be a hard pill to swallow, but we may never be there again. The banks are never going to put themselves in the position of having that many bad loans out there ever again. There is a new part of america, probably 10-15% of the population, that will never own a home again based on the fact they will never get approved for a mortgage. those same folks will now never qualify for a home equity loan because they don'e own thier home.

The part of our economy of folks making money off or borrowing on each house they buy and sell based on a hot real estate market and questionable credit folks getting mortgages, and questionable appaisals to justify them, those days are gone.

addictedtolandscaping
10-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Dave I agree with you completely. We have a more isolated political issue, it wasn;t until August 2nd that the budget here was finally passed, it was a gigantic "my sand box" ordeal. THis state as a whole is something other than good, way to many "fat" beaurocrats.

I did hear back from a rehang tonight, about 6 hours to rehang, remove, and transport time, priced it at 480 he wants it at 240. I don;t see this happening.

Christmas Creations
10-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Holiday Bright Lights website is up and running...sorry for the delay.

www.holidaybrightlights.com

*it's being redirected right now, we will finalize the move to a new host company this weekend.

Thank You,

Mike Marlow
VP of Member Development
(866) 932-9363