PDA

View Full Version : bush trimming problems

PRECISION LC
08-13-2002, 04:38 PM
i am bidding a new property which has 70 small globe bushes which are all trimmed into a ball. my larger trimmer is too big, and doing it by hand would take way to long. what would be the easiest and best way to get the job done.

bruces
08-13-2002, 04:41 PM
Sounds to me like a perfect excuse for a new, smaller trimmer or a rental.

Jimbo
08-13-2002, 04:42 PM
Not trying to be smart Azz either.

Jim

65hoss
08-13-2002, 07:35 PM
Small light-weight hedge trimmers. Get the lightest most durable possible. Thats a lot of bushes to be working on.

Floridalandcare
08-13-2002, 08:01 PM
Echo has a small pair of dual sided hedge trimmers for about 250.00 at home depot , I normaly dont use Echo but i purchased them strictly for trimming small bushes like Lilac schillings .And I love them ,small tight bushes is a real pain espically when there is alot of them its back breaking work and it would deffinatly reflect in my bid .And if they dont want to pay it Id let alot of small bushes turn into one long hedge(haha).

Pro-Lawn
08-13-2002, 10:31 PM
Little off the subject, whats the best way too sharpen hedge trimmers. ANy input welcome.

Thanks
Eric Goodwin
Pro-LawnCare.com

Premo Services
08-13-2002, 10:56 PM
Pro-Lawn Little off the subject, whats the best way too sharpen hedge trimmers. ANy input welcome.

Dremel tool..... been sharpening mine this way ever since I watched a repair place sharpen mine with one. He charged me 40.00 and done in no time. I went out and bought me one, tried it on an old set of hedge trimmers, worked perfect.

TurfGuyTX
08-14-2002, 06:56 PM
Echo makes some great products. Home Cheapo usually carries a limited selection leaving out most commercial models. I have some Red-max hedge trimmers I love to use for small shrubs.

Mike (MLC)
08-15-2002, 01:09 AM
buy a stihl hs 45 hedge trimmer has 18'' bar works great for small bushes

Mike (MLC)
08-15-2002, 01:32 AM
buy a stihl hs 45 hedge trimmer has 18'' bar works great for small bushes

crazygator
08-15-2002, 01:38 AM
I too have the Stihl hs45 and it does a great job, and isnt too costly either!

Ax Man
08-15-2002, 09:00 AM
I bought a echo trimmer, it's ok for rough stuff, but I wouldn't dare use it on evergreens.
Yes it's sharp I figured out the dremel trick a few years back.
I tried adusting the blade tension, but the shape of the blades keeps them from getting close enough.

I also got a redmax lrt attachment.
It cuts awesome! havent had to sharpen it yet in a year of trimming.
It does hemlock hedges, privet, forsithia,quince, crab apple suckers, monster yew and arbs.
If I buy another hand held unit, it will definitely be a redmax.

My real fine small stuff I do with Sandvik p51
A real mans tool!

geogunn
08-15-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Floridalandcare
Echo has a small pair of dual sided hedge trimmers for about 250.00 at home depot ....

I have the echo trimmer. HC-1500 and it does a great job.

I too got mine at home cheapo but for FIFTY BUCKS!

they were returned and reconditioned and I saw them when they came through the return and grabbed them as soon as they were priced.

they are my most proffitable piece of equipmetnt considering the investment.

GEO