PDA

View Full Version : Launch biostimulant

fshrdan
08-13-2002, 04:41 PM
With the drought this year, we've seen some pretty serious decline in our fescue lawns, so I know it's going to be a good renovation and aeration season. Has anyone used Launch or a similar biostimulant in their seeding work? It seems resonably priced if it does what it claims, but I'd like to know if anyone has used it with any success. Thx, Daniel

jkelton
08-16-2002, 03:38 PM
fshrdan,
What is the price of Launch on a $/sq.ft basis? I would be interested in finding more information on this product also if anyone has used this (or any biostimulant) product to enhance seed germination and growth.

Mscotrid
08-20-2002, 05:05 PM
I've used Bolster, pick it up at Lesco. I apply about 3oz/1000 to new seed beds and sod. I have noticed the roots seem to establish themselves quicker and in more mass.

I've also used Bolster as a dipping solution for container pots with good success.

Mike

grassman177
05-01-2010, 01:58 AM
reviving an oldie here but was searching about this and came up on google .

i have used this product and it does every bit if what it claims. we had a mature looking TTTF lawn by may 8 when seeded in late march. we even had mowed it several times to put some stripes in it for a photo shoot for a magazine and home tour. was pretty amazed! it takes two apps two weeks apart and has a high use rate of 32oz per 1000K but it fits the bill for what it does. it is cheap per gal, but the use rate does make it pricey to use

phasthound
05-01-2010, 08:15 AM
It looks like a good product with good ingrediants, it shouldn't be that pricey.

ICT 1-2-3 Hydro-Seed only costs $74.50 a gal and treats 4 acres. We sell lot's of it.

• For Hydro-seed and Over-seeding Applications Out in the Field
• Increases germination rates and long term health of grasses
• Product contains a range of more than twenty turf specific symbiotic Rhizobacteria, plus dense populations of proven Endo Mycorrhizae and Mycorrhizae Helper Bacteria (MHB).
• This is a complete and balanced bacterial / fungal mix specially formulated for hydroseeded and overseed turf applications.
• Benefits include enhanced turf resilience to disease and drought,increased nutrient and water absorption.
• Increased microbial biomass in the soil enhances aggregation
• Improves soil porosity and structure as well as releasing growth promoting auxins, cytokinins, gibberellins, and improving nutrient cycling in turf ecosystems.
• 1 gallon of Hydro-Seed treats over 4 acres of when hydro-seeding
• Product can be sprayed onto new seed when over seeding