PDA

View Full Version : Help getting started

projectlawncare
09-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Hey, I'mk 17 and I've just started my sole proprietorship called Project Lawncare and since I'm new to this I was wondering if there was anything important I needed to know concerning pricing, advertising, employment, commercial jobs, equipment gathering and purchasing, really anything that would help me maximize profit and minimize cost and time.

JB1
09-30-2010, 07:22 PM
Hey, I'mk 17 and I've just started my sole proprietorship called Project Lawncare and since I'm new to this I was wondering if there was anything important I needed to know concerning pricing, advertising, employment, commercial jobs, equipment gathering and purchasing, really anything that would help me maximize profit and minimize cost and time.

yes there is quite a few things.

White Gardens
09-30-2010, 08:26 PM
yes there is quite a few things.

Yep, lots and lots of things.

starry night
09-30-2010, 08:48 PM
project: Your post leaves us nowhere to start. We are most helpful if you have specific questions. Some of our questions for you might be : Do you have equipment? Do you have capital? How much time do you have? Do you have experience working for someone else?

Texas Lawn
10-01-2010, 10:46 AM
really anything that would help me maximize profit and minimize cost and time.

I think we are all looking for that answer. You might try google for some of the basics and come back with some more specific questions. Might have better results than essentially asking, "tell me what to do to make a lot of money."

georgiagrass
10-03-2010, 10:33 AM
First, that's a horrible name. It screams "I'm just starting." A "project" describes something that is temporary; not the message you want to send to potential customers.

starry night
10-03-2010, 10:49 AM
We haven't heard from the original poster since he started this thread.
I'm beginning to think that he is only a student looking for information for some school "project." (Not saying there would be anything wrong with that.)

cut level
10-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Or its an alias poster trolling.

bc3xx0
10-06-2010, 03:58 AM
Start by buying a bad boy mower and a leaf loader. The bad boy will take in the tall grass and discharge cash money. Use the leaf loader to load the cash in the truck. This and countless badboy threads on lawnsite are the reason badboy mowers are the shiznit.

LawnEnforcement25
10-06-2010, 06:10 AM
Start by buying a bad boy mower and a leaf loader. The bad boy will take in the tall grass and discharge cash money. Use the leaf loader to load the cash in the truck. This and countless badboy threads on lawnsite are the reason badboy mowers are the shiznit.

no no no. you got it all wrong. the John Deere Ztraks discharge $1500 checks, and the dealer will cash them for you fee free. oh, and every check gets a complimentary walk behind with a sulky.