PDA

View Full Version : anyone have expierence with grasshopper front mounts?

Jimslawncareservice
10-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Just wondering who has or grasshopper front mount mowers with different attachments. Such as the aera vator, sprayer, bagger, and snowblower. whatare the cons and pros that you see/saw.

MJB
10-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Just wondering who has or grasshopper front mount mowers with different attachments. Such as the aera vator, sprayer, bagger, and snowblower. whatare the cons and pros that you see/saw.

Traction would be the biggest issue on hills. Plus you have to remove the deck each time. But I never used the aeravator don't know how well it does pushing that. The GH gains traction by using the weight of the deck on the drive tires, I never was that impressed at all by forward traction on hills, unless they have fixed this in the last 10 years.

RozarLawnCare
10-01-2010, 10:22 AM
I just bought a used Woods 6215. It is the same as a GH. I will let you know how I like it.

Jimslawncareservice
10-01-2010, 11:16 AM
I have a 729 on demo now with a 61 deck. great up and down hills. it is touchy on going sideways on hills. i like the mower. but am not sure how well they do with attachment. I am trying to get way from so many different mowers. my exmark i cant use in the winter and deere 445 is hard to use in the summer sice you have to mow so slow. as of now we do around 100 drive ways in the winter and several buisness side walks. I also have a front mount deere a 1445. all in all it would be easier to use or have 3 mowers alike. since grasshopper has several attachments and has a good cut i am thinking of switching.

Mowingman
10-01-2010, 11:19 AM
What year model is your Woods?

I just bought a used Woods 6215. It is the same as a GH. I will let you know how I like it.