PDA

View Full Version : Great Dane and EverRide to be no more?

watsmi57
10-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ariens to drop two brands in 2011

The Business Journal of Milwaukee

Outdoor power equipment manufacturer Ariens Co. said Wednesday that it will phase out the EverRide and Great Dane brands of commercial mowers by the end of the 2011 gardening season.

The company plans to focus on Gravely as its core professional brand, according to Brillion-based Ariens. The company’s other brands include Ariens snow removal and lawn and garden products for consumers and Countax and Westwood lawn tractors.

"We gave this decision careful consideration and looked at the impact on the entire supply chain," said Dan Ariens, president. "In the end we felt the benefit of allowing us to focus our resources and build our core brands outweighed the risks. This move will also create a bit more clarity in a marketplace that frankly has too many brands of commercial mowers."

The phasing out period will allow current distributors and dealers time to prepare their own transition plans, Ariens said.

Ariens acquired the EverRide and Great Dane brands with the purchase of Auburn Consolidated Industries in October of 2007. The Auburn, Neb., facility will continue to produce some of the same products under other brands as well as the products currently produced at the plant for the Gravely brand. The facility also manufactures a variety of products under contracted accounts. Employment at the Auburn plant is not expected to be affected by the change.

http://milwaukee.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/stories/2010/09/20/daily39.html

Capemay Eagle
10-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Surprising, mostly all the mowers I see in South Jersey are these two brands, mostly the surfers. I am sure this will boost Wright stander sales.

Richard Martin
10-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Yeah. I think this was posted here last week.

grassman177
10-01-2010, 06:56 PM
they will still make some of these mowers but under different names

for example, the everride warrior will be still made but in blue under new holland name

Grass1916
10-04-2010, 10:22 AM
If you read the news article closely they mention adding the products to Gravely. I would look to a Gravely dealer to check on specific line information but it makes sense that they'd want to keep the products under their own brand. So red instead of yellow.

mowerdude777
10-04-2010, 10:18 PM
I knew this was bound to happen, I guess it will be good for sales of the Wrights, V Rides, Vantages, and Grandstands