PDA

View Full Version : Award winning photographer

RLI Electric
10-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Can I call myself an award winning photographer now? We have a fair in my town that is the states largest fair. I submitted a photo per my wifes suggestions so we can get "exhibitor" ticket prices. We volunteer for local service organizations so we are there all 4 days. That adds up when you are paying to get into the fair. Nevertheless, I picked one of the photos I took of a job I did and I won a blue ribbon. So the question remains, am I an "Award winning photographer"?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Well, since you have won an award, I guess the answer to your question is pretty obvious.
:)

Were you the only entry in the "night time images" category?

RLI Electric
10-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Yes, I was the only image for that category. I am the winner with a blue ribbon and seven bucks to prove it. I am going to get half a pizza with my winnings.

Terradek
10-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Bob,
To be sure, you are an award winner...i would just leave out the part about being the only entry. I would also encourage you to submit this and others photos to the AOLP Design awards program www.aolponline.org . To be a winner in the AOLP program is an award to be proud of, I have heard rumors that this year's winners will be published in a respected national magazine. No $$ though, so the whole pizza is on you.