PDA

View Full Version : Gatebusters!

Bagit
10-01-2010, 04:33 PM
I've got a 36" Stander to sqeeze past alot of gate openings, but a real gatebuster/backup/use for rain softened earth is a 32" WB. For some, it may be a 21", but I've got that one covered. I've narrowed my picks down to two. The Toro 32" Recycler deck and the Quick 32".

Should I add a third favorite? Tell of the one you pull out when it's crunch time. :)

Richard Martin
10-01-2010, 04:45 PM
I've got a 36" Stander to sqeeze past alot of gate openings, but a real gatebuster/backup/use for rain softened earth is a 32" WB. For some, it may be a 21", but I've got that one covered. I've narrowed my picks down to two. The Toro 32" Recycler deck and the Quick 32".

Should I add a third favorite? Tell of the one you pull out when it's crunch time. :)

The Quick 32 is as wide as your 36 Stander.

Doesn't someone make a 32" Stander? It makes no sense to have a 32 and a 36?

brianslawncare
10-01-2010, 07:30 PM
i have a hand mower that is a toro recycler and its only two years old, and its junk! it bogs down even in dry grass,with the wheel raised,its hard starting. i dont even use it anymore, i use my mtd hand mower that is 10yrs old. it runs and cuts great. i would love to buy the exmark 26inch mower but i cant justify spending 1200 for a hand mower to cut 5 small yards, i just use my exmark 36 or my mtd.

PlantscapeSolutions
10-01-2010, 11:42 PM
Most 32's have skinny tires and apply more psi to the ground then a 36". Plus they will be belt drive which sucks.

lawnboy dan
10-02-2010, 08:06 AM
toro 32 floater t bar is my gate crasher

whosedog
10-02-2010, 09:13 AM
The Quick 32 is as wide as your 36 Stander.

Doesn't someone make a 32" Stander? It makes no sense to have a 32 and a 36?

Wright makes a 32" stander,I'd love to own one but can't justify the expense;(I'm only part time).So I use a 32"belt bobcat for small gates,I put a velkie on it and it works great.I have read a lot of threads about the 32" stander and the biggest problem mentioned is that it ruts and digs up grass a lot because of the weight and the narrow tires.So I think I'll stick with the walk behind.

SNAPPER MAN
10-02-2010, 09:47 AM
I have a 32" stander and a 36" exmark walk behind. After owning a stander I prefer walk behinds. I won't be buying another stander. It's too heavy.
Posted via Mobile Device

ShooterK2
10-02-2010, 10:09 AM
If the gate is too small or the yard is too tight for my 36", I use my 21" Honda. BUT, I looked at a Ferris Hydrocut at the local dealer, and it looked like a good mower. It's single hydro drive, which means you have to muscle it around to turn, but they say it's not bad. There was one with low hours for sale cheap in the "Free Equipment and Parts Marketplace" forum.

cuttin-to-the-Max
10-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Exmark makes/used to make a 32" walk Behind i just realized i have on its 12 years old....

Really it looks JUST like my 36 jest a little smaller...

Only way i found out was when they were side by side

DLAWNS
10-02-2010, 12:27 PM
I have a 32" Exmark Metro walk behind. It is a great mower for small gates. I got it a few years ago for 2500..I believe they go for about 2700 now....

flatland-4-life
10-02-2010, 12:47 PM
I have been searching like crazy all year for the perfect
small gate backyard mower.

I thought I would have to go with a wright 32 Stander
but Wright makes a 32 Walkbehind Dual hydro
and you can choose Pistol Grip or the Stander type controls

So there is a 32 Dual hydro out there besides the BOP

I made a post looking for the best 32 hydro mower
and nobody ever mention that Wright made one other than the stander.

So I would say look into it
it would be cheaper to buy before Dec. with the seasonal buyers program
That is all I am waiting for right now.

36's just don't fit in everywhere.:)

The LawnRanger
10-02-2010, 11:14 PM
haven't found a gate yet that I can't get my 36 in. Trimstar in and if I do I'll ask customer if I could install a bigger gate no expense to them would save me time and money in the long run besides I don't even carry a push mower on my trailer,

georgiagrass
10-03-2010, 12:37 AM
There are not many gates that I can't get a 36 TTHP through. But we have a few 36" gates that the TTHP won't fit through. On those properties, we use the Gravely 34Z. It is made to get through a 36" gate. It is also a tough-as-nails full commercial quality mower that does a great job.

unkownfl
10-03-2010, 01:41 AM
I'd suggest an older gravely pro or something with an adjustable deck adjustment.

GrandMaster
10-03-2010, 04:12 PM
I have a 32" stander and a 36" exmark walk behind. After owning a stander I prefer walk behinds. I won't be buying another stander. It's too heavy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well how much do you weight?

GrandMaster
10-03-2010, 04:13 PM
I have been searching like crazy all year for the perfect
small gate backyard mower.

I thought I would have to go with a wright 32 Stander
but Wright makes a 32 Walkbehind Dual hydro
and you can choose Pistol Grip or the Stander type controls

So there is a 32 Dual hydro out there besides the BOP

I made a post looking for the best 32 hydro mower
and nobody ever mention that Wright made one other than the stander.

So I would say look into it
it would be cheaper to buy before Dec. with the seasonal buyers program
That is all I am waiting for right now.

36's just don't fit in everywhere.:)

Toro is better quailty I think.

SNAPPER MAN
10-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Well how much do you weight?

I'm not the one who uses it. My guys who use it all weigh less than 200lbs.
Posted via Mobile Device

flatland-4-life
10-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Toro is better quailty I think.

Toro has a Dual Hydro 32 Walk Behind?

Toro has a better quality what?
This post was about mowers smaller than 36 with hydro if possible.

Another one of those people that have to post a brand name only
you might as well have said BadBoy is better quality:dizzy:

MarcSmith
10-03-2010, 05:46 PM
widen the gate. you can widen the gate for each of your clients at your cost, and still be thousands ahead........

I widened gates for clients all the time... from 36" to 72" big enough to get a small truck for landscape work, and great to get and 48 or 52" mower in. keeps your productivity up.

I widened gates at cost. IE charge the customer cost for materials and ate the labor.... win/win

demhustler
10-03-2010, 06:13 PM
widen the gate. you can widen the gate for each of your clients at your cost, and still be thousands ahead........

I widened gates for clients all the time... from 36" to 72" big enough to get a small truck for landscape work, and great to get and 48 or 52" mower in. keeps your productivity up.

I widened gates at cost. IE charge the customer cost for materials and ate the labor.... win/win

small "gates" - usually small (300 -500 $) accounts
what your usual installation costs?

MarcSmith
10-03-2010, 06:29 PM
chain link form 36" to 60" all Ineeded to do what to buy one gate. and swap the hardware from the old to the new. a gate would run you about 50 bucks..

on a wooden fence, buy a few 2x4's and hinges and then cut a panel down and use the existing gate and stiffen up the panel. make a "barn door" gate...20 bucks in parts...

a mower costs thousands....up size a gate under 100 bucks...

in each case you need to move a post and set in concrete...an hour tops....two if you are slacking....

demhustler
10-03-2010, 06:45 PM
chain link form 36" to 60" all Ineeded to do what to buy one gate. and swap the hardware from the old to the new. a gate would run you about 50 bucks..

on a wooden fence, buy a few 2x4's and hinges and then cut a panel down and use the existing gate and stiffen up the panel. make a "barn door" gate...20 bucks in parts...

a mower costs thousands....up size a gate under 100 bucks...

in each case you need to move a post and set in concrete...an hour tops....two if you are slacking....

make sense... $100 or so can be spread over few months -not a heavy hit on pocket...
but it makes Pita job into easy 5 min in&out, - different ball game

MarcSmith
10-03-2010, 06:52 PM
look at this way, the labor you save each and every week would easily make up for the labor you spend widening the gate....

You can explain to your clients that IF they build a wider gate, you won't raise prices next season...

Also you can tell them that having a larger gate, would allow them easier access to their property...

GrandMaster
10-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Toro has a Dual Hydro 32 Walk Behind?

Toro has a better quality what?
This post was about mowers smaller than 36 with hydro if possible.

Another one of those people that have to post a brand name only
you might as well have said BadBoy is better quality:dizzy:

LOL your a goof ball Toro what ? Darr.. backhoe...Duh im a pro:drinkup::dancing:

Not hydro in a 32" but 36"

Toro is a key word that will put him in the right direction for a mid sized. If you're going to go 32" may as well use 21". 36" will fit threw 99% of gates and is the smallest mower I would want period. Unless you part time and do residents only.