PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to integrate a motion sensor into Controlscape?

bcg
10-01-2010, 10:08 PM
I'm planning on using Controlscape on the job I'm on now to tie the entry coach lights into the LVL system so I can bring them on dimmly with the LVL. In the back I'm going to use ABT with the wireless motion detector to keep the lights on hands free during parties but the more I think about it, the more it seems that if Controlscape has the ability to support a motion detector in the same way (a line voltage UPB motion sensor would be fine as well) then that might be the better way to go since I'd be able to control it all with a single remote. So, is it possible?

Pro-Scapes
10-06-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm planning on using Controlscape on the job I'm on now to tie the entry coach lights into the LVL system so I can bring them on dimmly with the LVL. In the back I'm going to use ABT with the wireless motion detector to keep the lights on hands free during parties but the more I think about it, the more it seems that if Controlscape has the ability to support a motion detector in the same way (a line voltage UPB motion sensor would be fine as well) then that might be the better way to go since I'd be able to control it all with a single remote. So, is it possible?

Never tried it but there is a wireless motion sensor for UPB. Problem is it takes a battery which would make it prone to failing. You then plug in a receiver someplace in the house. For security reaons I might just photocell the coach lights or install an AUBE timer in the switch location.