PDA

View Full Version : what to buy???

joef450snowplow
10-01-2010, 09:23 PM
i don't know what to buy redmax, echo ,husqvarna or sthil blowers i have a husq and its ok i hear good things about sthil and echos new blower but every landscaper iv ever talked to always said get redmax but over the summer i herd that alot of guys were having problems with redmax , echo and sthil are around the same price range and so are redmax and husq. What do you guys think i should buy?:confused::confused:

joef450snowplow
10-01-2010, 10:52 PM
?????????????????

eaglescout1993
10-03-2010, 07:34 PM
you either love or hate a brand, i hate redmax when i use to work for a guy, i never had the exposure to echo and tanaka so i never tried those as for husq there is no commercial dealer near my house. I went with sthil and have had no complaints i would so go big the first time because you will love the power. I mean get the BR600 blower and nothing smaller than a 130trimer/edger. Go sthil if you have a dealer close to you they are always willing to help no mater what

The LawnRanger
10-03-2010, 10:28 PM
I use nothing but echo never had one problem with them stihl is also very good

joef450snowplow
10-03-2010, 10:31 PM
you either love or hate a brand, i hate redmax when i use to work for a guy, i never had the exposure to echo and tanaka so i never tried those as for husq there is no commercial dealer near my house. I went with sthil and have had no complaints i would so go big the first time because you will love the power. I mean get the BR600 blower and nothing smaller than a 130trimer/edger. Go sthil if you have a dealer close to you they are always willing to help no mater what

the only thing is with sthil and the new echo blower i dont like how they dont have the commercial air filter like redmax and husq have and i also never had a sthil n the ace around the block from me sells them and they are pretty light

joef450snowplow
10-03-2010, 10:33 PM
I use nothing but echo never had one problem with them stihl is also very good

same my trimmers are echo n i like them but there real heavy when compared to a redmax

Southern Pride
10-04-2010, 12:18 AM
I bought my echo pb403t blower and srm210 trimmer in home depot in 2002. What do you think my primary blower is today? My echo. I only replaced my trimmer with a redmax because it was the lightest I had ever held and still had plenty of power for $250. (I will buy another one of these next year) I also plan on buying a redmax blower (8000 or whatever) So my echo stuff can finally become backups.

Here is the voice of reason: Have NO SHAME in walking into home depot and buying their heftiest blower. I promise you some guys in here blinded by ignorance will say it's not commercial because it's in Home Depot. Echo's blowers have only gotten better over the years. I bought mine in Home Depot and look at it now. The only reason it won't start first pull is because I can't close the choke quick enough!

If you buy the echo grab the one with the throttle seperate from the blower tube. You will not be disapointed my friend let us know what you decide to do. All the brands you listed are ok but I would not buy Husqvarna blower (my friend owns one. My echo from 2002 has more power than their newest one, and his husqvarna sounds like metal scraping metal on the inside at full blast) took it in they said that's the way it's suppose to sound :D

Southern Pride
10-04-2010, 12:22 AM
same my trimmers are echo n i like them but there real heavy when compared to a redmax

You're prob like me and like your trimmers light as a feather. Power is no concern for me at all for trimmers on residential accounts. I don't understand how or why you would ever need any more power? Anyway, next season if you want a perfect trimmer that's light as a feather and great price ($250) grab the Redmax TR2350S. You will find out quick your employees will LOVE these trimmers. Mines great and I want another one next season. My echo still runs good but a little too heavy, I dunno what to do with it maybe just save it If I ever have to weedeat a 5ft. tall field or something, I dunno. I have it on my trimmer rack but I grab the redmax everytime it's so light and simple.

joef450snowplow
10-04-2010, 12:38 AM
I bought my echo pb403t blower and srm210 trimmer in home depot in 2002. What do you think my primary blower is today? My echo. I only replaced my trimmer with a redmax because it was the lightest I had ever held and still had plenty of power for $250. (I will buy another one of these next year) I also plan on buying a redmax blower (8000 or whatever) So my echo stuff can finally become backups.

Here is the voice of reason: Have NO SHAME in walking into home depot and buying their heftiest blower. I promise you some guys in here blinded by ignorance will say it's not commercial because it's in Home Depot. Echo's blowers have only gotten better over the years. I bought mine in Home Depot and look at it now. The only reason it won't start first pull is because I can't close the choke quick enough!

If you buy the echo grab the one with the throttle seperate from the blower tube. You will not be disapointed my friend let us know what you decide to do. All the brands you listed are ok but I would not buy Husqvarna blower (my friend owns one. My echo from 2002 has more power than their newest one, and his husqvarna sounds like metal scraping metal on the inside at full blast) took it in they said that's the way it's suppose to sound :D

yea thats what my husq sounds like n i was like that can be good n if i get the echo it would be the brand new one and if i get the redmax its going to be the 8050L

Southern Pride
10-04-2010, 12:53 AM
Ohh I see well either way, the Echo and especially the Redmax will not leave you wishing you bought something else. I would suggest Redmax, due to raw power, but Echo is a close second with excellent reliability. Redmax is reliable as heck too. Just be prepared to drop $4-500. Well worth every penny.

PLS-Tx
10-04-2010, 01:35 AM
We like our Br600's.

Southern Pride
10-04-2010, 01:49 AM
Stihl=chainsaw
Echo=a bit of everything
Redmax=blower/trimmer/hedge trim
Husqvarna=trimmer/chainsaw

I don't doubt the awesomeness of the Stihl BR600's but what other blower have they had that was worth mentioning? 0. My only little point is I stick to certain pieces of equipment based because that brand that made their company name based on it. I love Chevy trucks but if they made a ZTR, I probably wouldn't jump on it.

joef450snowplow
10-04-2010, 03:07 PM
i like redmax i had one way way back when i was 5 dont ask me y but thats what i wanted for xmas hah n now all i hear is how the new redmaxs suck

Southern Pride
10-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Oh really? The new redmax's suck huh? Who did they get bought out by?

mowerdude777
10-04-2010, 10:15 PM
I LOVE my Red Max 7100 beofre I had it I had a Kawasaki 300 (which is a good blower for what it is) and before that I had an echo 265 (it got stolen) Personaly I would say that the Redmax is the best, it has had no probs what so ever, however kawasaki is another good choice for the price

joef450snowplow
10-05-2010, 11:14 PM
i guess ima get the redmax8050

Alan0354
10-06-2010, 02:27 AM
Give Maruyama BL8100/Kawasaki KRB750 a try. Light, easy to start, not cold nature and quite cheap.

Want more power, Shindaiwa EB802. Three years of solid reliability record.

Husqvarna 326L or 223L string trimmer, light, powerful, cheap.

Maruyama or Shindaiwa hedge trimmer.

Those are my favorites.

joef450snowplow
10-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Maruyama never herd of and there are no Shindaiwa dealer that are close by

Capemay Eagle
10-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Sthil BR600 or the Echo PB770. These are the two I am debating, leaning towards the Echo since my PB413 has been so good.

4 seasons lawn&land
10-06-2010, 07:29 PM
You would think on a lawn care site the mostcommon topic would be mowers... its freakin blowers..... ah well.

Husky and redmax blowers are the same now. Id get whats cloest to home honestly. Not an option for me as thats Stihl and Im not buying a 4 stroke small engine because it doesnt make sense. I have the RM 8001

joef450snowplow
10-08-2010, 08:52 PM
[QUOTE=4 seasons lawn&land;3746720]You would think on a lawn care site the mostcommon topic would be mowers... its freakin blowers..... ah well.

HAHAH lmfao

djlunchbox
10-08-2010, 11:46 PM
not sure if this info has been posted on lawnsite yet or not. i never searched it.

we just did some researching on blowers. we ended up going with the following model

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/landscape-and-groundcare/products/blowers/370bts/

i had wanted the stihl br600. i was all set to buy it. i loved how it was light weight, but i never was able to start it and try it out. ( local dealer isn't very cool with that)

a day later i'm using a buddys echo pb620. the muffler falls off in the middle of a lawn, and we are forced to not run it. after a few weeks in the shop, he gets it back. the head had cracked, the muffler screws became loose because of it, and the cylinder walls were all scored. the echo rep was not going to warranty it, but the dealer convinced him to. ( buddy was there "lurking" in the showroom listening, lol) they said it was because he didn;t use "echo brand" oil. i guess the rep could tell. close call for his wallet .

so i still look at the stihl br600. speak to my dealer about it. he has no beef with the stihl stuff what so ever, but is not a dealer. he tells me the same type story happening with the stihl , exept this time, the valves and head get gunked up with a grey residue if you don't use "their" oil. he also explained that stihl can not manufacture a 2 stroke that can meet US emmisions standards for small engines, due to patent infringement ( idunno, never looked into it) this is why they have 4 strokes that use 2 stroke oil mix.

bottom line, i went with the husky blower because i liked the dealer, he seemed like he wasn't a B.S. artist, he took the time to chat with me and answer all my stupid noob questions on all the other equipment, and gave me honest advice. we already own a husky chainsaw and a husky trimmer, and since i "need" to buy the particular brands oil to not void the warranty, we just said screw it, and bought it.

i also like the husky air filter, it was bigger, and had a foam surround that could be oiled. and i used it for 30 min on long, wet grass, with small leaves wedged in. it had all the power i needed. the only downfall was the weight. i figured i need the excercise anyhow.

just my experience, but thought i'd share

Alan0354
10-08-2010, 11:50 PM
Husky 370Bt is just Redmax EBZ7001 or the newer 7050?? It is a Redmax. I so wish Husky would have kept their own hedge trimmers instead changing to the Redmax CHTZ2401. I don't need the hard start and warm up.

djlunchbox
10-09-2010, 12:04 AM
Husky 370Bt is just Redmax EBZ7001 or the newer 7050?? It is a Redmax. I so wish Husky would have kept their own hedge trimmers instead changing to the Redmax CHTZ2401. I don't need the hard start and warm up.

yeah, i forgot that. husky bought redmax right?

Alan0354
10-09-2010, 12:27 AM
yeah, i forgot that. husky bought redmax right?

Yep. But All the big Husky bp except the real quiet 52cc one have been all Redmax even before the buyout.

jwsland
10-09-2010, 12:35 AM
I currently own a Redmax eb7001. Not the big boy but it works very good! Plenty of power for blowing off after mowing, blowing out the occasional grass clumps in lawns if I have too and leaf clean-ups. Only thing I don't like is that sometimes it takes a little while to fully warm up. In previous years I have used Echo pb650 working for other landscapers. They seem very similar in power. I am planning to buy another Redmax very soon, the big one definitely. I also have a Echo 403t as a back-up. It has lasted me a very long time but doesn't compare to the larger blowers out there.

joef450snowplow
10-09-2010, 10:15 PM
thanks guys im prob going to buy a redmax 8050