PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Trailer Interior

bdharts
10-01-2010, 10:30 PM
I recently bought a 2005 Pace American 7 x 16 enclosed trailer. The wood inside was in pretty bad condition, as you can see. I am planning on installing 3/4 BC plywood on the floor and 3/8 BC plywood on the walls. I noticed when I removed the old flooring, the bottom of the plywood was painted black. What should I put on the bottom of the new plywood before I install it. Also I need advice on painting the finished side of the floor and walls. I definately want to finish the floor, but not sure if I need to do the walls also. I have thought about a bedliner material or a textured paint for the floor. Any ideas or suggestions would be great. Pictures would be cool too.

h2oskier
10-02-2010, 05:24 AM
I recently bought a 2005 Pace American 7 x 16 enclosed trailer. The wood inside was in pretty bad condition, as you can see. I am planning on installing 3/4 BC plywood on the floor and 3/8 BC plywood on the walls. I noticed when I removed the old flooring, the bottom of the plywood was painted black. What should I put on the bottom of the new plywood before I install it. Also I need advice on painting the finished side of the floor and walls. I definately want to finish the floor, but not sure if I need to do the walls also. I have thought about a bedliner material or a textured paint for the floor. Any ideas or suggestions would be great. Pictures would be cool too.

If you can swing it do the rhino lining or something of the sort, not only will it protect it from rocks and debris, it will seal it as well.

Decoste76
10-02-2010, 10:12 AM
i actaully just put 2 X6 pressure reated decking on the flooring in mine... its awesome!! before my mower use to bounce because of the play in the plywood but the PT is strong and makes for a MUCH smoother ride i recommend IT 100% i spaced them out to a little, allows for some debri to fall out less clean up.. telln you look into it im glad i put it in!!

bdharts
10-02-2010, 01:39 PM
The 2 x 6s sound like a good idea. The thing I would be concerned about is, now the trailer is no longer weather tight. I live on the east coast of North Carolina, and the salt air is a problem. Also there are times when we get strong winds that blow the salt water up on the roads. So the salt water would get up under the trailer and some mist would probably end up inside it. I might be over analyzing it, tell me what you think. Either way I would love to see some pictures of your trailer and thanks for the idea.
Posted via Mobile Device

h2oskier
10-02-2010, 03:08 PM
The 2 x 6s sound like a good idea. The thing I would be concerned about is, now the trailer is no longer weather tight. I live on the east coast of North Carolina, and the salt air is a problem. Also there are times when we get strong winds that blow the salt water up on the roads. So the salt water would get up under the trailer and some mist would probably end up inside it. I might be over analyzing it, tell me what you think. Either way I would love to see some pictures of your trailer and thanks for the idea.
Posted via Mobile Device

If the salt is the big issue you could lay fiberglass over your plywood floor, would make it last a whole lot longer.