PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki in New Sport?

Maverick22
10-02-2010, 01:16 AM
I'm in the market for a new mower and my local dealer said today that next year's sport model will come w/ an option for a kawasaki engine - is that true?? To be fair, this wasn't the owner who told me that, just a mechanic that was helping me...and he wasn't very knowledgeable about the sport model to start with. I did ask him if he was sure it was the sport and not one of the higher models and he said yes. I'm guessing they would have to charge a little more than w/ the Briggs, but hopefully it would be less than the Honda?

mowerconsultant
10-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Beginning in January the Sport will have 3 Kawasaki engine options 18/42, 20/48 and 23/54.
These will be the EPA approved engines along with a couple Briggs EPA approved engines.

Pj

reddman
10-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Will these kawasaki engines be commercial or residential models

mowerconsultant
10-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Will these kawasaki engines be commercial or residential models

Residential on the Sport since its a residential unit.

Pj

chambers6363
10-05-2010, 06:31 PM
So the Sport will no longer have Honda engine option? A commerical grade engine option was one of the main selling points for the Sport for me. At that price point there were few other zero turn mowers that had that. Was the Honda option not selling well?

Maverick22
10-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Any idea on pricing? Also, you mentioned the 3 Kawasaki engines as well as a couple of Briggs - will there not be a Honda option next year?

mowerconsultant
10-06-2010, 02:39 PM
So the Sport will no longer have Honda engine option? A commerical grade engine option was one of the main selling points for the Sport for me. At that price point there were few other zero turn mowers that had that. Was the Honda option not selling well?

The Honda model Sport is one of our best selling units.
The Honda engine we use on the Sport will not meet the 2011 EPA regulations in its current form, so we will not be making any Honda powered Sports after December 31st of 2010.
We are producing several thousand between now and then though, so you can get them at your dealer now until the inventory runs out.

Pj

mowerconsultant
10-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Any idea on pricing? Also, you mentioned the 3 Kawasaki engines as well as a couple of Briggs - will there not be a Honda option next year?

I dont have pricing to post yet, dealers just got their new pricing, if you check with a dealer I am sure they can help you out.
As to the Honda...
The Honda engine we use on the Sport will not meet the 2011 EPA regulations in its current form, so we will not be making any Honda powered Sports after December 31st of 2010.
We are producing several thousand between now and then though, so you can get them at your dealer now until the inventory runs out.

Pj