PDA

View Full Version : Mower block heater????????

cuttin-to-the-Max
10-02-2010, 12:26 PM
OK well i keep all my stuff at a safe locked storage facility have a little garage thing its like 200Sq Ft so i cant fit too much stuff in there (hoping to find a bigger SHOP close to here)
But it gets pretty cold in the winter in there from me and my guys opening up the door so much......

We Do run half of our mowers in the winter for a Condo account we do.
Even when we keep them in the storage sometimes its a little hard to start them when its cold....
Do they make mower block heaters????
Has anyone ever used one or know any background info on them?

Tinkerer
10-02-2010, 12:37 PM
I have heard of engine block heaters with magnets on them. Just stick it where it holds on. Another company made a heated dipstick in the past but a few cars were starting on fire. I don't know who makes either of them or if they are still made.

mjschue
10-02-2010, 10:53 PM
True block heaters only work on liquid cooled and I have not been able to find one either. I tried for both Kawasaki and Caterpiller last year. I even called Hot start, no luck. If I decide I really need one I have used the silicone pad heaters that you glue in place. Not super easy to insatall, nor are they cheap. But the first time that baby fires off without a misfire or a knock it's worth it.

ajslands
10-02-2010, 11:02 PM
...nevermind...