PDA

View Full Version : Check out this brand of ride on I have never heard of

grassman177
10-02-2010, 10:56 PM
wow, pretty neat machine. you southern guys may have seen more of these, but here it is a new item to hear about.

what do you guys think about its uses for turf and ornamental etc???

basically a walker mower that has been customized for applications.

here it is, a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J0iwctWrBU&feature=related

CHARLES CUE
10-03-2010, 07:16 AM
Looks all right a little on the big size. the tank on the back looks awful big.but i guess some of that covers up the engine

It wouldn't work for me doesn't look like it would work on a hill side very well.

Looks like the nozzles are all plumbed individually.

Looks like flat fan tips thought would have to be changed not for me. Drift city.

Looks like joy stick steering that would be neat.

Charles Cue

grassman177
10-03-2010, 09:20 AM
there was two handles, so regular ztr steering like a walker mower.

it is very low to the ground, but yes hills could be an issue. the tank is huge to accomodate production. it is 74 gal. they used flat fan, but claim low drift as the boom is very low to the ground. you could always change the nozzles to AI. it is neet withthe folding booms and ablility to go through 48in gates but able to spray 12ft, or even 16ft with extensions.
i am not a walker mower fan, but it looks pretty easy to manuever. the video if you watch the whole thing it mentions it was built for the southern grasses and terrain so.........

Turf Dawg
10-03-2010, 10:10 AM
I know my Walker rep told me that Walker used to sell bare tractors to some spray companies in the past. I wonder how old this video is, because I have not seen any type of a Walker tractor sprayer in awhile. The few I have seen were several years old.

Chevy z71
10-03-2010, 10:16 AM
looks preaty cool this is my frist time seeing one.

White Gardens
10-03-2010, 10:46 AM
I've seen some other set-ups similar to that. I know Dixie years ago used to sell their stripped down mowers for an applicator company, just with a different paint scheme.

Earlier this year I seen a crew with what looked like Ex-Mark frames with a full setup for spraying and spreading.

Looks like a good machine, and also looks like a lot of capacity over some of the others I've seen.

Makes me wonder though if you could build your own out of an old ztr and you can specifically design it to fit your needs.

grassman177
10-03-2010, 05:31 PM
oh, sure you can build your own, it would only take a good fabricator and a man with a plan!

i thought this was a very nice machine. it would be ideal for very large areas like government jobs, etc

MarcSmith
10-03-2010, 05:38 PM
I love the shorts, no gloves/goggles. looks like a walker chassis

grassman177
10-03-2010, 09:55 PM
i know, they never wear ppe on vdieomercials right !

Grandview
10-04-2010, 07:16 AM
It looks slow and cumbersome compared to a Z. The boom is to low.

grassman177
10-04-2010, 07:56 AM
i thought it looked low, but seems the spacing of the nozzles still got good coverage. dont know for sure, but as long as the coverage is good, the lower the better.

sure a zspray footprint is much smaller, but this is meant for very large areas more than anything else. it shows them in small areas which would work of course, but that is where the machine would be the worst.

dont get me wrong, i dont want one as i am a zspray user and fan, but i think it looks very contender like for certain companies.

txgrassguy
10-04-2010, 09:52 AM
The boom isn't too low - especially with the high winds common here in Texas and along the southern east coast.

Personally I do not like applying less than 2 gallons of water per thousand feet especially with the insecticides and some fungicides I apply. I like this machine but know nothing about it although it seems like a good idea to me.

I fabricated a chassis and remote mount for a boom valve and 15 gallon tank that dropped onto a 36" walk behind mower of mine. I sprayed with that set-up for a year then acquired a space saver with a diaphragm pump. As I am aging I am becoming much more attracted to riding than either walking behind or pulling hose.

robertsturf
10-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Ralph some one here in Lee's Summit has one. I saw the logo on the machine and wondered who made it. His is all white though.

grassman177
10-05-2010, 03:52 AM
really. intersting. same machine or just similar?

curious if you know them or just saw it briefly

Hogjaw
10-05-2010, 10:23 AM
nice ride - from watching video several times appears to be well designed and built.

looks similar to the one shown on groundtek's site out of Orlando one of the guys on here owns a ride on and recently displayed a picture of his equipment for us - his is real nice also.

robertsturf
10-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Same machine. I don't know who they are I think they just do apps. No name on the truck. I think that video is old look at what the guy is wearing.

coiclawn
10-05-2010, 01:23 PM
That's the owner of groundtek in the sunglasses, I built the prototype for them back in the 90's. It's good in theory but after a few hours the tranny on the walker mowers wont hold up to inclines with the water and fert weight.

grassman177
10-05-2010, 05:15 PM
That's the owner of groundtek in the sunglasses, I built the prototype for them back in the 90's. It's good in theory but after a few hours the tranny on the walker mowers wont hold up to inclines with the water and fert weight.

way to take all the glory! ahahha

do tell more if you care to share

hey roberts, does that not piss you off how they dont have a sign on their truck, but it is state law to do so.

ted putnam
10-05-2010, 05:21 PM

Possible "Achilles Heel". Interesting. I'm with grassman...share more.