PDA

View Full Version : The end of a quality product.

olcllc
10-03-2010, 10:28 AM
When I recently heard that Ariens Co. had decided to phase out the Everride mower it only confirmed what I knew would happen three years ago when they acquired them. Even after speaking to an Ariens rep @ their headquarters I was not convinced, this was just another take over to eliminate an up and coming brand that threatened the market share and Ariens got the patent rights to the stand on mower, which was their end game all along.

I began my business in 2005 with two new Everride Warriors when it was still Auburn Consolidated Industries. I still have the original mowers and use them daily. They have been the most reliable equipment Iíve owned, and until I heard the news was making plans to replace them with two new Everrides.

What sold me on them is their simplistic design, ease of maintenance, and low operating cost. Additionally, you canít beat the design of the pivoting front axle for a smooth, clean, cut over uneven terrain and hills as we have plenty of here in SW Missouri.

I suppose I will give my mowers a thorough going over this fall and replace or purchase those parts that are key to their operation so I can keep them going. I just don't know what I would replace them with at this point.

Sammy
10-03-2010, 10:42 AM
I had thought about buying an Everride. Until Ariens bought them. I think what you said has much merit.

dboyd351
10-03-2010, 11:28 AM
If you like them that much you might want to start keeping an eye on Craigslist, classified ads, etc. to see if you can get another mower or two while they are still some out there.
I hate it when you find a piece of eqiupment you really love to use and they quit making it. It is getting harder and harder to replace trusted equipment since they change models and manufacturers so often these days. :cool2:

White Gardens
10-03-2010, 11:37 AM
If you like them that much you might want to start keeping an eye on Craigslist, classified ads, etc. to see if you can get another mower or two while they are still some out there.
I hate it when you find a piece of eqiupment you really love to use and they quit making it. It is getting harder and harder to replace trusted equipment since they change models and manufacturers so often these days. :cool2:

Ya, and the replacements are junk.

grassman177
10-03-2010, 06:29 PM
the parts will still be available, and the mowers will still be made but painted blue and under new holland name.

we too are everride users. (had) four of them untill our dealers distributor decided not to carry them anymore. we were up to replace two of them and ended up getting toro g3 mowers . the everride had a very good design and never gave issues save a center pulley that was covered under warranty and was re designed. they cut very clean and could cut in very soppy conditions and not clog. it is too bad, cause i think that the everrides are a way better machine than gravely. in fact, i think gravely is one of the crappiest brands out right now. i dont know anyone around here that uses them or likes them. folks that have had one dont like them

olcllc
10-03-2010, 07:29 PM
I do like them that much but not certain the quality is there since Ariens took over. 2007 models and older are what I am familiar with. I heard they did make some changes in the 08 and newer so they may be a crappie ole Gravely in disguise.

olcllc
10-03-2010, 07:39 PM
the parts will still be available, and the mowers will still be made but painted blue and under new holland name.

we too are everride users. (had) four of them untill our dealers distributor decided not to carry them anymore. we were up to replace two of them and ended up getting toro g3 mowers . the everride had a very good design and never gave issues save a center pulley that was covered under warranty and was re designed. they cut very clean and could cut in very soppy conditions and not clog. it is too bad, cause i think that the everrides are a way better machine than gravely. in fact, i think gravely is one of the crappiest brands out right now. i dont know anyone around here that uses them or likes them. folks that have had one dont like them

I have to agree with the "crap" assessment. Ariens would be wise to scrap the Gravely line and just make Everrides to the same standards as ACI did. They would have a winner. They could even paint it the Gravely color so long as it performed as an Everride.

So New Holland is going to produce the Everride brand? Please tell more.

dboyd351
10-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Well, you could always keep an eye out for a 2007 or slightly older machine. That's not very old if you find one owned by a homeowner or lightly used for some other reason.

grassman177
10-03-2010, 10:54 PM
that is all i know, sorry, just was told that to not be suprised to see them in blue! plus i think ihave actually seen them in a pic, on here somewhere last year. still, was told that parts were still available, but maybe not direct anylonger

corey4671
10-04-2010, 01:02 AM
pretty sure the new holland version has been out for a while. Man I hope this is not true. I LOVE my Warrior. On my second one. Love my dealer too. Can't stand the local New Holland dealer. I guess this means I'll be switching to Scag the next time around. My Scag dealer is also my Stihl dealer. I had always said if anything happened to Everride or my Everride dealer I'd be switching to Scag. Dang it!

corey4671
10-04-2010, 01:05 AM
here ya go

http://agriculture.newholland.com/us/en/Products/Compact-Tractors-and-Commercial-Mowers/G5000-Series-Zero-Turn-Radius/Pages/KeyAdvantages_details.aspx

DLAWNS
10-04-2010, 01:24 AM
pretty sure the new holland version has been out for a while. Man I hope this is not true. I LOVE my Warrior. On my second one. Love my dealer too. Can't stand the local New Holland dealer. I guess this means I'll be switching to Scag the next time around. My Scag dealer is also my Stihl dealer. I had always said if anything happened to Everride or my Everride dealer I'd be switching to Scag. Dang it!

Might I suggest the Scag V-Ride? It is an amazing mower.

Richard Martin
10-04-2010, 05:40 AM
So New Holland is going to produce the Everride brand? Please tell more.

The New Holland is a Everride with blue paint. That mower will continue to be made at the ACI plant.

olcllc
10-04-2010, 08:26 AM
here ya go

http://agriculture.newholland.com/us/en/Products/Compact-Tractors-and-Commercial-Mowers/G5000-Series-Zero-Turn-Radius/Pages/KeyAdvantages_details.aspx

Yep, that's an Everride in UK blue. I'll have to vist my New Holland dealer and check them out to see what changes have been made. I actually like it better blue.