PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Quick

icobob
10-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Mowing my future building lot with Hustler Mini Z. My pump belt broke so I needed to pull it home ( home is .5 mile away) but started to pull and it makes funny noise...Is it ok to pull?

C & T Landscaping
10-03-2010, 02:45 PM
You don't have a trailer?

icobob
10-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Just got one. Thanks

mbrew
10-03-2010, 03:26 PM
You need to open the bleed valves on the pumps when you move it manually.

Richard Martin
10-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Yeah, you're supposed to open the dump valves before towing. It probably says something about it in your owner's manual. It probably also says something about damaging the hydro system if you tow the mower without opening the dump valves. DON"T TOW IT ANY FURTHER. Put a new belt on it and see what happens. Even when the dump valves are opened you shouldn't tow it any further than is required. 1/2 mile is out of the question.

icobob
10-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Thanks guys, I actually read the manual looking for something about towing but couldnt find anything. I tried putting on a trailer behind my ATV but just had a nut cut off 3 weeks ago so I am not to good for muscle rite now lol. Brother ended up showing up and got it on a trailer for me. I did end up pulling about 50 foot though to get it on flat ground. Hope its ok. Thank you guys allot, didnt want to leave it in the yard till Mon. before I can get another belt. Looks like it is gonna be a chore getting it on at home lifted up.

Richard Martin
10-03-2010, 07:02 PM
I tried putting on a trailer behind my ATV but just had a nut cut off 3 weeks ago

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb56/RMartin631/smilies/toomuchinfo.gif

yardatwork
10-03-2010, 07:13 PM
There should be a nut with a hole in the middle (or maybe no hole)...maybe like 7/16". It's a pressure release for the pump. Loosen it slightly and it'll be like putting the mower into neutral.