PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed trailer falling apart!!!!!

tilawn
10-03-2010, 11:39 PM
OK I have a 8.5x24 Doolittle enclosed trailer and it is literallly falling apart. I was wondering if anybody else is having any of these problems with theirs. First thing I noticed was the roof bolts coming loose on the outside, then the outside metal screws started coming loose mainly on the front on the driver side. So I tightened everything up and some were just stripped out. Now what I am having troubles with is that at the first seam I have 4 screws close to the bottom of trailer that actually have broken off, and now the metal looks like it is in a bind all the time buckled out. And also the screws on the inside holding the plywood up is workking loose also mainly again on the drivers side. If anybody has any suggestions on how to fix this thing I would really appreacite it.

h2oskier
10-04-2010, 12:31 AM
OK I have a 8.5x24 Doolittle enclosed trailer and it is literallly falling apart. I was wondering if anybody else is having any of these problems with theirs. First thing I noticed was the roof bolts coming loose on the outside, then the outside metal screws started coming loose mainly on the front on the driver side. So I tightened everything up and some were just stripped out. Now what I am having troubles with is that at the first seam I have 4 screws close to the bottom of trailer that actually have broken off, and now the metal looks like it is in a bind all the time buckled out. And also the screws on the inside holding the plywood up is workking loose also mainly again on the drivers side. If anybody has any suggestions on how to fix this thing I would really appreacite it.

If you could post some pics i maybe able to help:waving:

CLS LLC
10-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Just put larger screws in place of the ones that are coming out. And spend more money on a trailer next time, you get what you pay for, and I know doolittle trailers are as cheap as they come.

h2oskier
10-13-2010, 01:08 AM
Thats why they call em doolittle they do VERY LITTLE.