PDA

View Full Version : front anitscalp wheels.

n2ma
10-03-2010, 11:51 PM
I have a 2010 super Z Is there an update or aftermarket fix for the anti scalp wheels?
Constantly tightening bolts broken plastic centers. Lock tight on threads, extra lock washers.
Our old Cub cadet machines would have a double frame on each side of the anti scalp wheel. First replacement was 650 hours. Our Hustler has just 200 and I have changed out a few. Bolting the wheel to the side of the deck is just cheap.

mowerconsultant
10-04-2010, 12:46 PM
We have used that wheel set up for 10 years now.
The new VX4 deck uses a different design.
There is no update or change to the set up you have.

Pj

demhustler
10-04-2010, 01:13 PM
I have a 2010 super Z Is there an update or aftermarket fix for the anti scalp wheels?
Constantly tightening bolts broken plastic centers. Lock tight on threads, extra lock washers.
Our old Cub cadet machines would have a double frame on each side of the anti scalp wheel. First replacement was 650 hours. Our Hustler has just 200 and I have changed out a few. Bolting the wheel to the side of the deck is just cheap.

just use exmarks' assembly

n2ma
10-06-2010, 11:51 PM
The X one has wheels that look a little more protected. Braced on both sides of the wheel.
If you have had this old design for 10 years, your engineers need a little more seat time.

n2ma
10-06-2010, 11:52 PM
just use exmarks' assembly

I will have to look into something. I can't imagine wrenching on them every 8 hours.

mowerconsultant
10-08-2010, 04:01 PM
The X one has wheels that look a little more protected. Braced on both sides of the wheel.
If you have had this old design for 10 years, your engineers need a little more seat time.

The problems you are having are somewhat avoidable (no one is perfect), setting the wheels at the best position and doing your best not to hit anything with the anti scalp wheels helps majorly.

n2ma
10-09-2010, 12:28 AM
The problems you are having are somewhat avoidable (no one is perfect), setting the wheels at the best position and doing your best not to hit anything with the anti scalp wheels helps majorly.

We never cut below 3". We do have the Hustler strip kit on the rear.
What is the best position to keep the wheels in on the front?
Dealer installed them on the highest position. I have put them in the middle.
I have to have them working. We do not mow many flat spots. Many uneven turf areas.
It's not from hitting objects. It's the effect of the deck flexing from Missouri hill country. We chose Hustler of Dixie because of the ability of the Super Z to hold the hills.

mowerconsultant
10-11-2010, 05:17 PM
The fronts likely need to be in the top or middle as you have it already, what is your roller set at?