PDA

View Full Version : Quick next lazer question

Digital Felon
10-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Do you always have to turn gas shutoff valve off when your done mowing, im getting tired of doing it lol.

Runner
10-04-2010, 10:34 AM
I never have on any of the machines I've ever owned, including Lazer, and never will. Just no reason to.

knox gsl
10-04-2010, 12:50 PM
There should be a fuel shut off solinoid on the fuel bowl that is opperated by the key. There really is no need for a manuel valve.
Posted via Mobile Device

jwsland
10-04-2010, 12:55 PM
I agree with the above.

pugs
10-04-2010, 03:06 PM
There should be a fuel shut off solinoid on the fuel bowl that is opperated by the key. There really is no need for a manuel valve.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats an anti backfire solenoid...not a fuel shutoff.

Technically you should shut the fuel off whenever you transport the machine. Bouncing around on a trailer can cause the float to bounce and allow fuel to leak past the needle/seat...and leak or flood the engine.

Does anyone actually do this? Not really. And it is more difficult for it to happen on a mower where the tanks are lower and there is a fuel pump. Generators/compressors are a different story.

knox gsl
10-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Cool thats good to know I had been told that was a valve that would keep it from flooding. I never turn off the one on my TT and haven't had a problem and it has the tank above the carb. What's the worst thing that could happen, hard to start?