PDA

View Full Version : Easiest Way To Bid Large HOA's?

mcw615
10-04-2010, 11:38 AM
I have never went after large HOA'a because they seem to forever accept bids and change service, I have always gone after small/medium commercials and build a solid relationship with them.

I always when a bid a property get my walking measure wheel, measure all the sidewalks and get a rough SF of the lawn and with the combination of my judgement of time and not just a statistic calculation.

Just curious to know if anyone does something to make it a little easier to bid a large townhouse HOA. Going out there this afternoon and figured just break the property down into sections and then combine them all so it does not seem so overwhelming.

snowman55
10-04-2010, 01:12 PM
just do like everyone else 2 ways they bid
1) ask what they are paying and undercut it by 5%,or
2) $28 per unit

yardatwork
10-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Bid it in bulk. I had a 50 home HOA. Individually I would have charged around $35 per home if they were out on their own. But being all in a straight line, I bid them at $18 a piece...yep...$900 for six to seven hours of work...mow, bag, weed wack, blow drives and sidewalks. I had the contract for five years. They changed board members and I didn't get along with the new president...needless to say...I was pushed out!

ChevHayes
12-04-2010, 02:20 AM
Also don't forget that sometimes they want a bid for all the services included. Around by me, you can't just bid the grass cutting, you have to have a total price for spring/summer/fall fert. apps as well as winterization,multiple tree/schrub trim,spring/fall clean-ups,mulch app in spring etc. Might not be like that for where your thinking, but it is something to think about.

topsites
12-04-2010, 06:57 AM
I think you should be taking this bidding thing a bit more seriously,
so you'll want to spend some time and do your homework.