View Full Version : Easiest Way To Bid Large HOA's?

10-04-2010, 11:38 AM
I have never went after large HOA'a because they seem to forever accept bids and change service, I have always gone after small/medium commercials and build a solid relationship with them.

I always when a bid a property get my walking measure wheel, measure all the sidewalks and get a rough SF of the lawn and with the combination of my judgement of time and not just a statistic calculation.

Just curious to know if anyone does something to make it a little easier to bid a large townhouse HOA. Going out there this afternoon and figured just break the property down into sections and then combine them all so it does not seem so overwhelming.

10-04-2010, 01:12 PM
just do like everyone else 2 ways they bid
1) ask what they are paying and undercut it by 5%,or
2) $28 per unit

10-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Bid it in bulk. I had a 50 home HOA. Individually I would have charged around $35 per home if they were out on their own. But being all in a straight line, I bid them at $18 a piece...yep...$900 for six to seven hours of work...mow, bag, weed wack, blow drives and sidewalks. I had the contract for five years. They changed board members and I didn't get along with the new president...needless to say...I was pushed out!

12-04-2010, 02:20 AM
Also don't forget that sometimes they want a bid for all the services included. Around by me, you can't just bid the grass cutting, you have to have a total price for spring/summer/fall fert. apps as well as winterization,multiple tree/schrub trim,spring/fall clean-ups,mulch app in spring etc. Might not be like that for where your thinking, but it is something to think about.

12-04-2010, 06:57 AM
I think you should be taking this bidding thing a bit more seriously,
so you'll want to spend some time and do your homework.