PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys I need your input ASAP!!!

Craftybigdog
08-13-2002, 09:39 PM
Im demoing a Dixie Chopper 26hp diesel 72in its in my garage now! I used it today and it was a nice ride and produced a good cut but I couldnt really tell but it seemed to bog down maybe and on top of the engine it says may HP 23.8 at 3600 rpm now whats up? Also I expected it to go faster but it actually went faster in reverse now I can get the mower for 10900 thats brand new does this seen like a good deal I want to demo the Kubota Z28 with a 72in deck and see how I like it but I have to make a decesion soon!

crazygator
08-13-2002, 09:53 PM
What type of grass was you cutting? How much was you cutting off? Did you run the deck with double blades? How many hours? Is it a demo machine or new? Do you get a full warrenty? Do you like the dealer? Does the dealer give good support if anything goes down?.....lots to consider here!

I cant see this time of year of anywhere having enough grass to bog it down, unless you were bush hogging a field. Price dont sound too bad, I think it retailed around 16K if I remember right.

Craftybigdog
08-13-2002, 09:59 PM
Yes its brand new, I like the dealer alot and great support, a 2yr warranty on everything, not the grass wasnt that high. What would make it go faster in reverse that seemed strange. Im gonna probably buy it but I wanted some feedback, also no just single blades. Thanks alot

1grnlwn
08-13-2002, 10:49 PM
Let's see
1. Seams to have a problem with speed.
2. Hp specs don't match.
3. Great price.

I smell a rat! Maybe something is hooked up backwards. I would ask this dealer to go over this unit and resolve problem before buying. There should be an advertised speed for the unit. Run it a couple hundred feet and time. Does it meet advertised speed?

Don't buy till answers are given!

Mark

steve122
08-13-2002, 10:50 PM
can't speak from experience with Dixie's, but on my Exmarks, even the slightest change in the neutral adjustment on the steering arms will make a big difference in forward or reverse. One turn on the adjuster could make all of the difference and still not show up as creep in neutral.

Art Stubbs handy 58
08-14-2002, 11:57 PM
It sounds like your not real HAPPY with the Dixie, I say Kubota, Kubota, Kubota...... Just purchased one LOVE it LOVEit, LOVEit
It runs circles around my John Deere

Craftybigdog
08-15-2002, 05:57 PM
Hey guys they worked out all the bugs and it looks like Im gonna get a XXWD2600 for 10900.00 its a 26hp diesel with a 72in cut let me know if you think this is a good price, later!

Richard Martin
08-15-2002, 08:15 PM
That's a great price on the mower. You will be enjoying it for years to come.

Flex-Deck
08-16-2002, 10:34 PM
Congrats on a great Dixie Mower - They may even have a Flex-Deck for the 72" down the road.

Thanks, Brad