PDA

View Full Version : Hustler Trimstar

The LawnRanger
10-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Looking at upgrading my equipment and going to all Hustler Trimstars 36'' and 3- 54" I've watched several companys in my town using them and they cut really nice and lay a nice stripe If anyone owns a trimstar any feedback would be helpful201211

Raymond S.
10-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Are you in St. Joe Michigan?...just curious. I had a Trimstar 36" and absolutely hated it. I could never get used to the controls. I would rather have the loop handles like my Snapper Pro or conventional hydro sticks like say a lesco or similiar design to a ZTR. Alot of people love them but I am not one.

LCPullman
10-05-2010, 12:57 AM
I've used the older version of the Trimstar. It had a few critical design flaws, which would prevent me from recommending an otherwise good machine.
The new Trimstar, I haven't used, but it looks like it addressed the issues of the previous model, so I think it should be an excellent machine.
The older 48" model was superb at holding hills, and I think the newer 48 and 54 models should be just as good for that.

The LawnRanger
10-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Are you in St. Joe Michigan?...just curious. I had a Trimstar 36" and absolutely hated it. I could never get used to the controls. I would rather have the loop handles like my Snapper Pro or conventional hydro sticks like say a lesco or similiar design to a ZTR. Alot of people love them but I am not one.
No Saint Joseph Mo but I was born and Raised in Michigan Detroit

ArTurf
10-13-2010, 02:47 PM
I've used the older version of the Trimstar. It had a few critical design flaws, which would prevent me from recommending an otherwise good machine.
The new Trimstar, I haven't used, but it looks like it addressed the issues of the previous model, so I think it should be an excellent machine.
The older 48" model was superb at holding hills, and I think the newer 48 and 54 models should be just as good for that.

What model year are the new versions?

LCPullman
10-15-2010, 02:10 AM
What model year are the new versions?

I believe the new ones came out as 2009 models.