PDA

View Full Version : I've had enough of this heat already

General Grounds
08-13-2002, 10:05 PM
:angry: we're dyin out there myself and my guys have had enough, its bad enough that we're skipping lawns but cant do much of anything else due to the extreme heat. is it october yrt?????

thfireman
08-13-2002, 10:31 PM
You think it is bad up there, you need to come down to the South end and kick the dust. Even the irrigated lawns are brown. I have resorted to cutting pretend blades of grass because the clients refuse to believe there lawns are dust. We havent had a drought this bad since the 1950's!

Im supposed to take the wife on a cruise but I need to call and ask if there is any water left in the ocean first. All the lakes are drying up down here.

:( :confused: :blob2:

kjfaulk
08-13-2002, 10:42 PM
I know what you mean about even the irragated yards drying up, I have never seen anything like this. My wife and I had to go to New Jersey this past weekend and it was rather funny how the LCO up there are still striping brown grass. The whole state looks like someone has sprayed it with roundup. Some body please let it rain.......:confused:

wattsup
08-13-2002, 11:41 PM
I feel your pain. The grass here is not growing, but I still have to run over it. The heat has calmed some, but still no rain. I hate mowing in dust with doubles, I am miserable by noon.

Richard Martin
08-14-2002, 02:04 AM
wattsup wrote:

I hate mowing in dust with doubles

Then take the doubles off and put low lift singles on it. Why do you have doubles on it if there is nothing to cut?

strickdad
08-14-2002, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Richard Martin
wattsup wrote:

I hate mowing in dust with doubles

Then take the doubles off and put low lift singles on it. Why do you have doubles on it if there is nothing to cut? yeah no kidding... you may want to check your air cleaner too..

MPhillips
08-14-2002, 08:18 AM
all my irrigated stuff is dusty as heck...I swear, I'm scratching my corneas, already been to the doc once, ...I'm seriously having problems protecting my eyes...the dust comes through the sides and fricken blinds me...haha

yardman1
08-14-2002, 08:33 AM
General Gounds, come to the south where we have heat 9 months out the year. We are not having the drouht that other parts are having but we got the heat that is for sure..:blob2:

crazygator
08-14-2002, 10:45 AM
I think lots of us are mowing in the dust bowl these days. The only account I have that hasnt browned out is irrigated, plus (and this is why) she has lots of trees. The sun cant bake her's like it has everybody else's, even the irrigated ones. Supposed to get rain today, tonight or tomorrow. Maybe we wont have to shoot the weather man after all!

dr grass
08-14-2002, 03:18 PM
dry here to. oh well, just finding some other stuff to do. trim some hedges, cut a tree, do some landscaping. i stay busy ... its all only a phone call away.....

shep

Floridalandcare
08-14-2002, 04:45 PM
You want heat come to Florida

TurfGuyTX
08-14-2002, 05:45 PM
I'm sorry you guys are having a hard time with the heat. You'll probably be on here talking about the cold in a few months. Think about the heat and you feel hotter. Don't think about itand you'll still be hot, just not as much. Drink your water. Stay away from sodas and such.