PDA

View Full Version : Scag Turf Tiger Propane...users

ed2hess
10-04-2010, 10:34 PM
We bought a unit that has the propane conversion kit on it. What kind of
time will we get on a 7.9 gallon tank with the Vanguard and 61" deck. This unit only has one tank mounted. Our first thought was to reconvert back to gas(this unit has 300hr on it) but maybe we want to give this propane a shot. Like to hear from others using propane.

djagusch
10-06-2010, 11:41 AM
I do not own one but I looked into it. Propane will burn cleaner and you will see the difference in oil color and combustion chamber if you took a look at it. But it will cost more per hr to run and be a hassle to get fill ups etc.

ed2hess
10-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Why will it cost more on propane the gallon cost is $1.99? We are looking into having a big tank at one of our locations to fill up the tanks.

h2oskier
10-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Why will it cost more on propane the gallon cost is $1.99? We are looking into having a big tank at one of our locations to fill up the tanks.

Hey just think you could have cookouts at the job site now too.:laugh:

djagusch
10-06-2010, 11:02 PM
You will use more per hr. A gallon has less btu's. Run it and see how many gal/hr your at.
Posted via Mobile Device

ehansen@competitivelawn.c
11-01-2010, 11:07 PM
All,

We have one of our units that is up to 3500 hours on it. A 17 hp Kawasaki 540V and we just had the head gasket off to see how every tolaronce was holding out. Looked perfect inside and we put it back together. I believe its going to go to 6000 hours. Try that on a gas engine. Usually a rod is blown through the wall on gasoline after 3000 hours.

Best Regards,

Eric Hansen

ed2hess
11-02-2010, 08:00 PM
All,

We have one of our units that is up to 3500 hours on it. A 17 hp Kawasaki 540V and we just had the head gasket off to see how every tolaronce was holding out. Looked perfect inside and we put it back together. I believe its going to go to 6000 hours. Try that on a gas engine. Usually a rod is blown through the wall on gasoline after 3000 hours.

Best Regards,

Eric Hansen

That is exactly why we put propane on our newest 17hp wright.....rod went at around 1200 hrs costing us about $1700.

11-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Oh, and it does not cost more, we are at 1.70 per gallon with tax. The site won't allow me to tell you who, where, what, or why because I would be doing sales or promotion and disclosing my vendors. Makes it hard to speak around the question.

Best Regards,

Eric Hansen, President
www.greenpropanepower.com

Clark Griswold
11-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Propane would be a total PITA, gas is way more convenient!

Craig3
11-03-2010, 01:22 AM
Propane would be a total PITA, gas is way more convenient!

I don't know that that's true, but the costs to set everything up would be large.

11-03-2010, 06:27 AM
All,

The tank and the pumps are covered by the propane provider. Does not cost anything except the pad to put it on(we paid to get that poured) and the price of the 220 electric run to the tank and a electric shutoff switch at the electric source. Any contractor could afford that.

This company explains:

http://roushtv.roushperformance.com/

Jesse at Pristine green has a tank

Eric Hansen

11-03-2010, 06:46 AM
Oh,

And this equipment is Way cool. Here is my Lehr handheld blower. I have a meter on it embedded below the unit. this gives me total hours on the machine so I can track how long one cylinder lasts on the unit. Usually I get 1.5 hours on a single cylinder for a 21 inch mower or for a blower either handheld or backpack. Do you have a municipality that bans blowers in their town? They might just allow you to use an alternative fuel blower.............

Best Regards,

Eric Hansen

Scagguy
11-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Oh, and it does not cost more, we are at 1.70 per gallon with tax. The site won't allow me to tell you who, where, what, or why because I would be doing sales or promotion and disclosing my vendors. Makes it hard to speak around the question.

Best Regards,

Eric Hansen, President

This is exactly why I rarely visit this site any longer. Smacks of Obama, only worse.