PDA

View Full Version : Funny story

DA Quality Lawn & YS
10-05-2010, 11:53 AM
My bro is also in the biz down in Iowa. He was running our PG Centri on some larger residentials. Was just done treating one small-town resi when the old guy came out of the house and said "I don't want you to use that damned go-cart on my lawn again, that thing looks ridiculous! What is that thing anyway, Trugreen doesn't use that." Huh?!??!
My bro went on to advise that the machine does a nice job and is a good piece of applicating equipment. Also told the guy if he wants Trugreen, go right ahead, but be prepared for the sales calls and techs who have no clue about what they are doing. The guy then told him "nope, I want you to do it, but do it like Trugreen." OK, whatever.

mr.lawn works
10-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Sounds Like it sould have been the t3000 then!!! LOL funny though...

ted putnam
10-05-2010, 05:30 PM
I've had a couple expect me to do the "Batan Death March" through their thick zoysia's with a push spreader before...I think so they felt like they were getting their money out of me in sweat. I'm too old for that anymore though. Times have changed.

fl-landscapes
10-07-2010, 01:43 PM
I've had a couple expect me to do the "Batan Death March" through their thick zoysia's with a push spreader before...I think so they felt like they were getting their money out of me in sweat. I'm too old for that anymore though. Times have changed.

Let them know you are willing to use less productive back breaking techniques as soon as they go back to using a horse and buggy to get to work, milking cows in his yard for milk and the pony express for his mail. I have no time for people who ignore the results and are to worried about whether or not I sweat enough doing the work.