PDA

View Full Version : E-Tracks

mowerbrad
10-05-2010, 10:09 PM
I want to order some e-tracks for my new trailer but not quite sure of the difference between the horizontal and vertical models. The etracks will just go along the perimeter of decking on the trailer. Will the horizontal and vertical models pretty much be the same, or would one be better than the other?

scagrider22
10-06-2010, 12:18 AM
I use the horizontal e-track on the walls and vertical on the floors.

mowerbrad
10-06-2010, 08:57 AM
It will have to go on the floor, since it can't really get mounted to the sides as they are the expanded metal sides. But I think screwing down a couple etracks would be easier for me than just getting a bunch d-ring tie downs and mounting them to the decking.

ProTouch Groundscapes
10-06-2010, 07:26 PM
if they are going on the floor get the vertical e track (where the slots are perpendicular to length of track) its a stronger hold for the attachments.

do you have harbor freight tool shops by you? i got my 5' sections of vert. e track for like 9.99 a piece and the ring connectors for like 3 bucks. i bought like 12 sections. other places wanted 20 for the tracks.

mowerbrad
10-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Before I spent the big bucks on a bunch of e-tracks I went to Tractor Supply and got two 2' sections and two ring connectors to see if I liked them. I mounted them this morning and loaded up the mower. They held really well and seem to be pretty nice. I think I will be ordering a couple 5' sections.

I attached a picture of the style I bought. I actually got a pretty good deal on them today too!!!

ProTouch Groundscapes
10-06-2010, 08:33 PM
by me the 2' sections at tractor supply are 12bucks each.

they hold really well, i put a section outside each mower and the ring connectors and then a strap across the foot rest section of the mower, i got a turf tiger, a ferris 1500z and a scag proV in there.

mowerbrad
10-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Yea, the 2' sections are $12 each here too. I got two of them plus the two 6000lb rings for $25 total. It was actually not that bad of a deal today.

I will probably buy some larger sections online since TSC only carries the 2' sections. I've just got to measure out all what I need.

scagrider22
10-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Order 10' sections in stainless steel they will hold up much better.