PDA

View Full Version : Stump/ tree killer solution?

integrityman
10-05-2010, 11:28 PM
I cut out some fairly large scrub trees (Mulberry mainly) that were growing amongst a rather thick Hicksii Yew hedge. Absolutely no way to pull them out or dig them out. I'd like to apply something to the stump to permanently kill these pests (Without harming the Yew.).

The electric company is cutting down a ton of trees around here and it looks like they are painting/ applying some sort of blue colored solution to the stump. Copper sulfate solution to inhibit suckering?

I dont need much, any recommendations?

clcare2
10-07-2010, 01:25 AM
you can drill holes in stumps and pour the concentrated round up refills in the holes.

I have never done it but the label says it works.

Oasis-Outdoor
10-07-2010, 09:47 AM
The blue gel looking stuff is most likely Tordon. I get it in smaller bottles here at farm stores such as TSC. Beware it is pricey. I am not sure how large of a stump it will kill. I use it mainly on small tree stumps in fencelines.

integrityman
10-07-2010, 10:21 AM
You know how leggy mulberry bushes are when they grow up in hedges & in fence rows? I wanted something to spray on them......Drilling holes is not really n option given the form.

White Gardens
10-07-2010, 03:53 PM
you can drill holes in stumps and pour the concentrated round up refills in the holes.

I have never done it but the label says it works.

Works great for me. I use a paint brush to apply to make sure I don't spill any.

I focus on the outer cambian layer where fluids go up and down the tree. I think applying to the center hardwood does nothing.