PDA

View Full Version : 3 straight days of rain= no mowing

Keegan
10-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Do you guys try and play catch up or just forget about the first day of lost work?

punt66
10-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Yup, i lost a week of mowing. I will do a few thursday afternoon, some on friday and resume next week. But growth is slow so it doesnt matter much.

Alpha Property
10-06-2010, 09:32 AM
were comming on our 4th day of riain here, and i'm going away for a long weekend this weekend leaving tomaro. So this week is scrap all togeather

4 seasons lawn&land
10-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Same here. Its been raining steadily for a couple weeks, not constant but a majority of the time. Doesnt matter much. Lawns were toasted last month so.... should start leaves next week.

JBlawn
10-06-2010, 09:44 AM
rain must be nice, havent seen that in awhile we are like 7" below normal.

rywnygc
10-06-2010, 10:12 AM
bout 2 weeks straight here. cant walk on a lawn without leaving tracks, let alone put a machine on one.

lotsagrass
10-06-2010, 11:23 AM
3 days straight of rain is much better than literally 3 months of no rain here. You should feel fortunate :)

minnows mowing
10-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Yea we could hae used this rain in july, but if it rains for that many days straight I usually dont bother tying to catch up to them. unless the customer says ok. due to the fact that I will be cutting them th following week. For some reason my customers dont mind not paying when it rains :-)

tmf lawn care
10-06-2010, 03:43 PM
did mow for like two weeks here in jersey just today i mowed my yard it like like crap now it to wet. i cut with a 21 push mower it the smalls mower i got

bradseabridge
10-06-2010, 03:51 PM
what?........

Capemay Eagle
10-06-2010, 04:22 PM
what?........LOL, I thought the same thing.

Capemay Eagle
10-06-2010, 04:27 PM
bout 2 weeks straight here. cant walk on a lawn without leaving tracks, let alone put a machine on one.The guys just came and did my neighbors lawn and I sat out side and laughed. When they get home they are going to be pissed. It has rained here for 4 days and their sprinklers ran the whole time, never shut them down and today these guys come today and left trenches all over their brand new renovated lawn, it looks like a Tank rode all over their lawn, I can see mud in the wheel tracks. The lawn was looking beautiful, the best shape I have ever seen it. They were 3/4 of the way done, then they put away the Sentar and pulled out the 21".

stan the man
10-06-2010, 06:42 PM
The guys just came and did my neighbors lawn and I sat out side and laughed. When they get home they are going to be pissed. It has rained here for 4 days and their sprinklers ran the whole time, never shut them down and today these guys come today and left trenches all over their brand new renovated lawn, it looks like a Tank rode all over their lawn, I can see mud in the wheel tracks. The lawn was looking beautiful, the best shape I have ever seen it. They were 3/4 of the way done, then they put away the Sentar and pulled out the 21".

that funny i be pissed to

tmf lawn care
10-06-2010, 07:53 PM
The guys just came and did my neighbors lawn and I sat out side and laughed. When they get home they are going to be pissed. It has rained here for 4 days and their sprinklers ran the whole time, never shut them down and today these guys come today and left trenches all over their brand new renovated lawn, it looks like a Tank rode all over their lawn, I can see mud in the wheel tracks. The lawn was looking beautiful, the best shape I have ever seen it. They were 3/4 of the way done, then they put away the Sentar and pulled out the 21".

that too funny i would fired them on the spot if they did that on my yard

firefighter38310
10-07-2010, 05:52 AM
i think the last time it rained here was 15 days ago. so no mowing here either and the few i do are leaving tracks also because the tires are bending and mashing dry grass down. nature is just part of my job.
firefighting has picked up considerably because some dont understand the full meaning of the words Burn Ban in Effect..rural west tn here

Richard Martin
10-07-2010, 06:16 AM
This is straight out of my contracts...

Richard Martin will make every attempt to perform the lawn service on the same day of the week. If weather or other circumstances beyond Richard Martin's control prevent him from performing the service on the day of or the day after the regularly scheduled service day Richard Martin reserves the right to skip the lawn service until the same day on the next week.

I used this clause a lot last week when we got almost 20" of rain over 5 days. It's rare to use it but it's nice to have it in there when I need it. I got one email asking if I was going to cut grass and I think the lady was just kidding around.

scagwildcat
10-07-2010, 06:20 AM
going on two weeks now, last week i mowed one day, and now thurs. morning 6am took the dogs out and every thing is swamped, i think its one more mowing for everyone then cleanups starting next...

punt66
10-07-2010, 06:41 AM
going on two weeks now, last week i mowed one day, and now thurs. morning 6am took the dogs out and every thing is swamped, i think its one more mowing for everyone then cleanups starting next...

yup, sounds about right.

lawnpro724
10-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Send some this way! We have had less than an inch of rain in the last 6 weeks.

Lawn Man Dave
10-07-2010, 12:38 PM
We have had like a half inch or less since Aug 1st. Most of the state is under a burn ban and we get rather frequent "high fire risk" warnings.

Send the rain here........

Brad Ent
10-07-2010, 12:43 PM
We've got customers calling to request cut and bag, sounds like fun....

jkilov
10-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Well better get used to it, grass growth has slowed down, fall cleanup yet to begin so business is slow right now.

Look on the bright side, I'm home early today :).

Capemay Eagle
10-08-2010, 02:37 PM
that too funny i would fired them on the spot if they did that on my yardI don't think they will be retuning in the Spring of 2011.