PDA

View Full Version : Barricade or Dimension. Help me decide.

integrityman
10-06-2010, 10:12 AM
OK guys- I know there some previous threads on this. HOWEVER, wanted some more insight.

I picked up a few additional properties this year and all have SERIOUS crab problems. Some nutsedge too, but not as bad as the crab.

Id like to do one app and get season long control. Ive read that Dimension may not last as long as Barricade.

I like the Nutrients Plus products and have been very satisfied w/ the Speedy Green.

Any insight is much appreciated!

LawnTamer
10-06-2010, 11:46 AM
With Dimension, you can not get the season long control that you can with Prodiamine (Barricade). Applying Barricade at its highest rates will give you 240 days of control (8 months) I have had it go as long as 9 months. I have never had Dimension last longer than 3-4 months.

cgaengineer
10-06-2010, 01:42 PM
With Dimension, you can not get the season long control that you can with Prodiamine (Barricade). Applying Barricade at its highest rates will give you 240 days of control (8 months) I have had it go as long as 9 months. I have never had Dimension last longer than 3-4 months.

And 12 months control with warm season lawns.

integrityman
10-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Barricade it is!

I have never seen crab soooooo bad as this year.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
10-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Go with the prodiamine man.
I did Barricade on all my lawns and did not have problems with break through this season.
I did catch ONE of my lawns too late (crab already up upon application) and it went to serious crab. So, if you get Barricade down on time, will work for ya!

americanlawn
10-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Ditto with Barricade-type preemergent products. We used Agrium's version (Evade) of it this year, and it worked great. It was a smaller prill size (200 prill size), and I think that also helped. Most properties only received one app.

Previously we had excellent results applying 2 rounds of Dimension 0.10, but one app of Barricade 0.375 or higher does the same job with a single app. Main reason is Barricade does not breakdown until soil temps are high enough to activate it. Dimension tends to be used up everytime it rains, nomatter what the soil temp is.

Then you have foxtail & barnyardgrass that emerges after crabgrass does. So for new customers that sign up in the summer, we still apply preemergent w/fert. my 2 cents

phasthound
10-06-2010, 08:09 PM
I like the Nutrients Plus products and have been very satisfied w/ the Speedy Green.

It's Screamin Green. :)

thomsoutdoor
10-06-2010, 08:17 PM
I have never seen crab soooooo bad as this year.

Ditto on that one.

cgaengineer
10-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Ditto on that one.

I'll go ahead and say ditto as well...I have one lawn that I cut that was so bad this season that I will apply barricade next spring just so I don't ruin my mower cutting the crap.
Posted via Mobile Device

integrityman
10-06-2010, 09:36 PM
It's Screamin Green. :)
Silly me- Ive only applied ????? bags of it....

Harley-D
10-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Midwest and northern states-fine with barricade. Down here, i think dimension is a little more controllable as far as our window of application. Product of both types broke down and let crab through this year. Topsite may be able to add something here as far as transition zone credibility. I think the heat plays a larger part than possibly previously stated by manufacturers pertaining to chemical degredation. imo. We use dimension here because the season may be long or short, never know.

ant
10-08-2010, 05:44 AM
Midwest and northern states-fine with barricade. Down here, i think dimension is a little more controllable as far as our window of application. Product of both types broke down and let crab through this year. Topsite may be able to add something here as far as transition zone credibility. I think the heat plays a larger part than possibly previously stated by manufacturers pertaining to chemical degredation. imo. We use dimension here because the season may be long or short, never know.

harley you have a good point.. i am in jersey and used dimension this tear with all this early rain and then the heat with little break throught in crab.