PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Zero turn and Walk behind do you recommend?

Escapes Landscape Design
10-07-2010, 01:22 AM
Does anyone have one of the new JD zero turns? I have a 717a and love it, but would like to upgrade next year to something a bit larger. I have a 48", but want something bigger. However, I am also looking to start doing more work on the residential side and want to know your thoughts on what I can fit through a fence and into tight spaces. I appreciate any advice. Thanks.

mbrew
10-07-2010, 08:01 AM
The gate thing depends on where you live. Around here a 36" will fit through 95% + of the gates I see. I only did one lawn this year that had a gate smaller than that. My 42" will barely fit through 40 - 50% of the gates around here. It often rubs on both sides.

LawnEnforcement25
10-07-2010, 11:57 AM
i just bought a Z710A. my plan is to use a cheap push mower to tackle any backyards i may encounter, since i dont have any problems with fences yet. ill save up to get a 36" walk behind to get into fenced in areas and then i should have no problems with small small front lawns, as well as tight fences to get at back yards as well. and of course ill have my zero turn to tackle anything larger.

lawnpro724
10-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Personally I like Toro and there is a great dealer here that sells them. Any one of the major brands will make you a good mower the difference is in dealer support. Bad dealer support could end up hurting your business or worse put you out of business. If your going more on the residential side I would also suggest a 36" walkbehind anything bigger would limit you on the kind of yards you could service.

jiggz
10-07-2010, 04:50 PM
I have always liked 32's over 36's.. you cant get a 36 into ALOT of gates in my area.. you might be differnt out there though..

plus the time difference between a 32 and a 36 is nothing.. unless your doing huge areas, but then you would be using a bigger mower anyway.. Id say look at a 32 and know you can get everywhere

theres nothing worst then pushmowing a backyard while looking at your w/b on the otherside of the fence, lol

gasracer
10-07-2010, 05:40 PM
My 36" will fit in all of the gated areas I have to mow.I have even gotten my 48" in a couple of them. It all depends on what you are mowing.I have a friend who mows and he had to get a 32" to fit into one of his.