PDA

View Full Version : bobcats

lawnboy87
08-14-2002, 01:54 PM
what is the best bobcat ever made?

clamcooker
08-14-2002, 04:24 PM
My pick would be the 853 H, I know its not as advanced as the new ones but it was a runner and at the time was a beast.

Clam

SCL
08-18-2002, 12:05 PM
873, though I'd like to try a 883

dlandscaping
08-21-2002, 06:03 PM
the older 453, small enough for res walks and drives for snow work, light enough to be pulled on single axle trailer all round nice machine.

Guido
08-28-2002, 05:00 AM
The one that runs the smoothest with the least breakdowns!

There is no such thing as "the best Bobcat made" Thats kind of the whole reason Bobcat (and other skid steer MFG's) are so successful. They fill a bunch of different needs. I have no use for the little 400 series'. We have one in our fleet, but it normally never gets used. I could sit here and say "that 400 series machine is a POS" But its not. Its just not right for the majority of our applications, but I'm sure it fits into someones fleet very nicely.

On the other hand I could tell you that my favorite one is one of my 800 series high lift/high flow's. Its a great machine and we run it on almost every project we get. This machine may be overkill for someone else though.

It all depends what kind of work your putting the machine through. The size of the machine will determine what a great or terrible investment you made.

Me personally, for help on our projects, I like the larger 800 series'. They can run most of the attatchments and are large enough to help out with forks if we're in a bind. We also put our mini-x to work with it.