PDA

View Full Version : Really Need A Rain

SouthSide Cutter
10-07-2010, 09:54 PM
We got by almost all summer and lately its hit us hard. Havent got hardly any rain the last two months. Didnt cut any homeowners for 3 weeks. Alot of yards are history and its to dry to reseed. Tried it last night and its just to dry. The rain gets to about the Wabash River and justs drys up. Need to wear goggles to keep the dirt out of my eyes and should wear a mask. Most leaves have no color either they just look burnt up also. Just makes more time to deer hunt!!!!

JB1
10-07-2010, 10:24 PM
i worked up and seeded an area at my house four weeks ago, and nothing. The dirt is as loose as the day I did it. and no rain in site.

mowerbrad
10-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Many of my accounts are starting to get dried up too. We were getting rain for a while but over the past couple weeks, we really haven't got anything. Its not as bad as other places but things are starting to really dry out. We've got some rain forecasted for next week, but I'm not sure if we will actually get rain or not.

knox gsl
10-07-2010, 10:51 PM
No rain here either and I really need to get started on some renovations after this summer.

Daily Lawn/Landscape
10-08-2010, 12:05 AM
We got by almost all summer and lately its hit us hard. Havent got hardly any rain the last two months. Didnt cut any homeowners for 3 weeks. Alot of yards are history and its to dry to reseed. Tried it last night and its just to dry. The rain gets to about the Wabash River and justs drys up. Need to wear goggles to keep the dirt out of my eyes and should wear a mask. Most leaves have no color either they just look burnt up also. Just makes more time to deer hunt!!!!

Know how you feel. The worst it's been in 11 yrs. I was in the same boat on aeration and seeding until I saw a guy using an Aera-vator. This machine was awesome on the dry yards. It busted up the soil so the seed would drop right in. In three days we finished up the rest of our seeding jobs, and I'm looking forward to the revenue generated. Tri County Equip. in Evansville has one for rent. Might be an option.

James

topsites
10-08-2010, 12:27 AM
Our county's water reservoir is at its lowest ever recorded level, there's boats sitting on the dirt where water used to be.

JayD
10-08-2010, 12:43 AM
Our local news here in Indy said a few weeks ago that this has been the worst drought we have had from July 1st to now in 47 years.

SouthSide Cutter
10-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Know how you feel. The worst it's been in 11 yrs. I was in the same boat on aeration and seeding until I saw a guy using an Aera-vator. This machine was awesome on the dry yards. It busted up the soil so the seed would drop right in. In three days we finished up the rest of our seeding jobs, and I'm looking forward to the revenue generated. Tri County Equip. in Evansville has one for rent. Might be an option.

James

I bought a LC Revaltilizer, its 24" wide and has a 13.5hp mtr. It does the same thing and does a good job. But you cant stand the dust right know, it almost clogged the air filter and my lungs. Early morning might be the ticket.

doublesharp
10-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Louisville is toast and no rain in sight. I'm going to mow one more time in late Oct and then do a mulch job on the leaves first of Dec.
20 cuts for the year plus the cleanup. Normally cut 25-27 times.

JayD
10-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Louisville is toast and no rain in sight. I'm going to mow one more time in late Oct and then do a mulch job on the leaves first of Dec.
20 cuts for the year plus the cleanup. Normally cut 25-27 times.

I wonder how if at all will affect the GIE+EXPO show there in Louisville.